Availability to volunteer their time to ensure YOURS road safety campaign is felt within their communities (approx 7 hours a week)
• Passionate about Africa’s development and the progress of youth
• Find joy in inspiring young people
• Are interested in conducting fundraising events for road safety
• Good written and spoken English, and/ local dialectics
• Have knowledge or experience in one of the following: MDGs, Post 2015 development agenda, advocacy, community development, youth mobilization or any other relevant field.
• Have a good social network of other young people
• Have good communication skills and know how to use the Internet and smart phones for Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, skype and blogs.
• You have access to internet atleast 4hours a week
• You believe that young people have the potential to make a difference in road safety
What YOURS can provide
• Successful candidates will be given a 1 year term renewed by another 1 year upon performance
• An exciting and challenging experience with intense interactions!
• In depth engagement with issues of road safety
• Learning how to use communication tools and social networking platforms.
• An opportunity to interact with other young people from across Africa/World, for an enriching exchanges and sharing of experiences.
• A chance to make a difference as a champion in your own country
• Ongoing networking and mentoring support from the YOURS team and Role models.
• Opportunities for international travel (When available)
• Creation of an alumni network to stay involved with the issues and expand your sphere of influence!
Do you have what it takes to represent your region?
Please send your motivation letter, contact details, photo and recent Curriculum Vitae by 21st December 2014
You will receive a confirmation email after all required documents have been received.
Champions will be announced in the New Year
For More Information: