The Acumen East Africa Fellows Program is a one-year, fully-funded leadership development program that gives 20 individuals from across East Africa the training they need to accelerate their social impact and leadership potential.
The Fellows come from diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds and share a commitment to ending poverty in their communities. Fellows remain in their jobs over the year and meet for five week-long seminars where they receive world-class financial and operational skills training. Through the program, Fellows build strong networks of social change leaders within their cohort and Acumen’s global community.
- Individuals who are working to end poverty in their community through some kind of social change project.
- Fellows can be entrepreneurs who started their own organization, or individuals who are influencing change within an existing organizations.
- Fellows come from of all age groups and education levels, but must be able to fully participate in a program that is conducted in English.
- Fellows must be from East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, or Ethiopia) and must show a demonstrated commitment and concrete connection to East Africa.
- Fellows must demonstrate strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance, and moral imagination.
- Fellows must be ready and willing to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey.
Regional Fellows Training
During each seminar, Fellows receive world-class trainings on topics ranging from design thinking to adaptive leadership. By joining the program, Fellows gain access to Acumen’s extensive network of mentors and investors, and join a global community of leaders who are working together to change the world.
The Application Process
The online application consists of:
- Background information
- Short & long answer questions
The Selection Process
The selection process for this program is very rigorous and highly competitive. Here is a general timeline of the process:
- Applications close: July 31, 2015
- Telephone Interviews: September 2015
- In-Person Interviews: October 24, 2015
- Final Selection: November 2015
For More Information: