Application Deadline: 6 December 2015.
The CrossCulture Internships Programme provides an opportunity to young professionals and volunteers from Germany and countries of the Islamic world to gather experience abroad.
CrossCulture internships are offered in the following work areas:
- Knowledge society & education
- Legal dialogue, justice & human rights
- International politics & civic education
- Economy & development cooperation
- Culture & art
- Requirements for taking part in the CrossCulture Internships programme include a good command of English and a permanent involvement in an organisation or institution in one’s own country.
- Knowledge of the German language is an additional qualification, not a requirement.
- Applicants should be aged between 23 to 45 years.
- Currently enrolled university students will not be considered for selection. Furthermore the applicants must be in good health.
- Their physical as well as mental working capacity must be sufficient for the requirements of a longer stay abroad and the essential work requirements of the internship.
- Target groups in the Islamic countries are young professionals and volunteers in various areas of civil society and multipliers in reform relevant organisations and media.
- The internship will last at least eight weeks and up to a maximum of three months and will be individually scheduled according to profile, needs and availability.
- The internships will be supplemented by a tailor-made framework programme – for example, accompanying events or individual visits– during the stay in the host country.
- The CrossCulture internships are characterised by the fact that they can be individually adapted to the requirements and wishes of the scholarship holders both in terms of content and organisation.
- The interns’ travel and subsistence expenses are covered by the programme funds.
- This includes a monthly grant of 550 Euro, travel costs to Germany and urban local traffic, as well as visa fees, health insurance and accommodation.
- The latter is either a private room in a shared flat (according to gender), a private room in a host family or a small furnished apartment.
- Accommodation includes cost for electricity, water and heating; whereas telephone and internet facilities are not included.
Application Procedure: Application CCP 2016
For More Information: