Application Deadline: FRIDAY OCTOBER 24TH, 2014 at 3:00pm
The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting 2014/15 applications for the award of the Fondazione Edu scholarship scheme for Level 100 students from areas of need.
Fondazione Edu is a family foundation specializing in higher education in Africa. It was founded in 2005, to realize the desire of the founders to promote young people’s access to higher education in developing countries namely Africa.
Its focus is on the disciplines of technical-scientific and agronomic. They offer African students the opportunity to access higher education in their country of origin. They not only support individual growth paths, but also the creation of professionalism that can, in the long run, contribute to sustainable socio-economic development.
The Scholarship will cover tuition, books, as well as room and board, and will be awarded for four years as long as excellent academic standards of at least a B average of 3.25 CGPA continue to be met and need is demonstrated.
You are eligible to apply if in addition to UG-SFAO eligibility requirements you:
1. Are a Level 100 student.
2. Obtained an aggregate of 14 or better at the WASSCE.
3. Are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
4. Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance and success in other pursuits).
5. continuing science student with CGPA 3.75 and above (very limited slots)
The following are examples of documents that can be used to support this application:
• Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
• Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
• Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
• Birth Certificates (of siblings).
• Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
• SSNIT contribution statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
• National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
• Affidavit to support any relevant claims.
• Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
• High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
• West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
• University Acceptance Letter
• Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
• Confirm That you are not currently receiving support through any other scholarship program
How to Apply:
- Download and Submit a completed FE- SFAO FORM AF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and
- Submit the required essays, a copy of your academic records
- (WASSCE grades) letters of recommendation and supporting need documents.
For More Information:
- Call the Students Financial Aid Office on +23320-518-6904/+233302- 945-312 or
- E-mail [email protected].
The STUDENTS FINANCIAL AID OFFICE is located at House No. 11 East Legon – Main Campus