Submission Deadline: May 20, 2016.
Farafina Trust will be holding a creative writing workshop in Lagos, organized by award-winning writer and creative director of Farafina Trust, Chimamanda Adichie, from June 21 to July 1, 2016. The workshop is sponsored by Nigerian Breweries Plc. The Caine Prize-winning Kenyan writer, Binyavanga Wainaina, Aslak Sira Myhre and others will co-teach the workshop alongside Adichie.
The workshop will take the form of a class. Participants will be assigned a wide range of reading exercises, as well as daily writing exercises. The aim of the workshop is to improve the craft of writers and to encourage published and unpublished writers by bringing different perspective to the art of storytelling.
Participation is limited only to those who apply and are accepted.
All material must be pasted or written in the body of the e-mail. Please DO NOT include any attachments in your e-mail. Applications with attachments will be automatically disqualified.
- Accommodation in Lagos will be provided for all accepted applicants who are able to attend for the ten-day duration of the workshop.
- A literary evening of readings, open to the public, will be held at the end of the workshop on July 1, 2016.
To apply, send an e-mail to [email protected]. Your e-mail subject should read ‘Workshop Application’. The body of the e-mail should contain the following:
2. Your Address
3. A few sentences about yourself
4. A writing sample of between 200 and 800 words. The sample must be either fiction or non-fiction.
- Only those accepted to the workshop will be notified by June 10, 2016.
For More Information: