Application Deadline: 30 September 2016.
The GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security is an annual award established to recognise deserving individuals or organisations that propose an innovative approach to addressing international security challenges, and is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. The prize consists of a cash award of CHF 10,000, as well as a ceremonial awards dinner in Geneva, including all travel and accommodation expenses covered by the GCSP.
The 1st GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security was awarded on 26 November 2015 to a project entitled “Improve the Protection of Children in Conflict – Expanding the function of the ‘Children and Armed Conflict Mobile Application’ towards MRM practitioners in the field”. This mobile app provides a user-friendly pool of resources and recommendations concerning International Humanitarian Law
- This is an international competition and applications are accepted from anywhere in the world.
- Applications are welcome from either individuals or groups, from both the public and private sectors.
- Proposals can be wide-ranging in scope but should include a description of the contribution with a focus on how it is novel, and on its significance to sustainable global security.
Applications will be evaluated by a panel of judges – senior practitioners from international organisations, governments and the private sector. The panel will be co-chaired by the GCSP director, Ambassador Christian Dussey, and the Head of the Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme, Professor Nayef Al-Rodhan. The winner will be announced at an award ceremony held in Geneva on 17 November 2016.
- The Prize is CHF 10’000 in cash, and no equivalent or alternative will be provided. The prize will be awarded to the winner at a Gala Dinner ceremony in Geneva.
- In addition to the prize, all travel to, and attendance at the Gala Dinner, will be paid by the GCSP.
- Travel includes, where applicable, standard or economy-class round-trip air travel to Geneva from the nearest international airport, and overnight accommodation.
- This applies to the winner, or a representative of the winning individual or group.
- Travel will be organised and paid for by the organisers in coordination with the winner, who agrees to provide the relevant personal details necessary for organising such travel.
The application process consists in two steps.
a. Step 1: Fill out the online application form, including a project abstract of 250 words maximum.
b. Step 2: Send by e-mail to [email protected] a well-developed submission which should not exceed 1,000 words in length. The submission should include a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and our collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP) Prize for Innovation in Global Security