Submission Deadline: October 20, 2015
Fall Writers Omi Residency Dates: September 9 – November 4, 2016
Writers Omi is now accepting applications for the Fall 2016 residency.
Omi International Arts Center has four distinct residency programs. Through a competitive jury process, residents are chosen, invited to attend at no cost to themselves, except travel. Abundant, catered meals and comfortable, beautiful lodgings are provided in a scenic location in Columbia County, New York. Omi is two hours north of New York City by train.
- Art Omi International Artists Residency invites thirty artists from around the world every July for a four week residency.
- Writers Omi at Ledig House sponsors forty writers and translators from around the world for up to two months each year.
- Music Omi brings together twelve to fifteen musician-composers from around the world in August for three weeks.
- Dance Omi International Dance Collective brings together ten dancers from around the world for three weeks in late August.
Each applicant is required to provide 4 (four) separate items in total:
1. A cover letter, which provides the following details: country of birth, country of residency, the language in which you write, your preferred residency dates. Additionally, please let us know how you heard about Writers Omi at Ledig House, why you want to come to Writers Omi and what you expect to get from the experience.
2. A brief (2 pages, maximum) statement about your work history, referencing publications, performances and writing credits. This can be submitted in CV format.
3. A writing sample, no more than 50 pages. (Please be sure to indicate if the writing is published or unpublished; if it is published please provide details.)
4. A one page description of the work to be undertaken while at Writers Omi.
Your writing sample does NOT have to be an English translation; please submit your writing sample in your mother tongue. All other documentation must be submitted in English.
Your cover letter should be provided in the designated Cover Letter field.
- All applications must be submitted electronically.
- Instructions and forms can be found in the application.
- All notifications will be provided electronically by February 1, 2016. (Due to construction that will take place on our campus, OMI Residency is not accepting applications for the spring 2016 session.)
For More Information: