Application Deadline: October 31st 2016
The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship was established as a specialised unit at the UCT Graduate School of Business (GSB) in 2011, in partnership with Bertha Foundation, a family foundation that works with inspiring leaders who are catalysts for social and economic change.
Through this partnership the GSB strengthens its commitment to transformation and equality and UCT’s strategic goal to address key development challenges facing Africa.
While the Bertha Foundation supports activists, storytellers and lawyers across the world, who are working to bring about social and economic justice, and human rights for all; the Bertha Centre Scholars at the GSB are part of a larger Bertha Foundation network of “troublemakers/radical actors” whose purpose it is to challenge the status quo for social justice – in this case through social innovation and entrepreneurship.
If you are an African citizen (or a South African permanent resident for at least one year.)
If you have:
- started or worked with a social/green/entrepreneurial innovative idea that seeks social or economic change; or
- if you have worked on advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation within an organisation for at least one year.
- The Bertha Centre scholarships are open to innovators, entrepreneurs, out-of-the-box thinkers, system-entrepreneurs, change-makers, social activists and cross-disciplinary candidates from any field provided they are actively involved in the exploration of social, environmental and/or economic justice using innovative approaches.
- The Bertha Centre Scholarship covers full or partial costs of a wide variety of programmes at the UCT Graduate School of Business.
- These include the MBA [both full-time and the modular programme], the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation, and PhD programmes.
- The scholarship caters for candidates* committed to advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation and entrepreneurship.
|Application deadline||31 October 2016|
|Scholarship shortlisting (internal committee meeting)||Early November 2016|
|Shortlisted applicants invited for interview||Mid November 2016|
|Interviews||End of November 2016|
|Scholarship committee meeting (internal)||End November / Early December 2016|
|Scholarships offered||Middle / End December|
For More Information: