Application Deadline: October 16th 2015
The Microsoft Research Women’s Fellowship provides funding to a select list of academic universities that will each award a US$20,000 fellowship to one woman who is interesting in pursuing a PhD and in need of financial assistance. Of that amount, $18,000 will be applied toward tuition costs and $2,000 will cover travel expenses to a conference in the fellowship recipient’s field of study.
In addition, Microsoft Research will create opportunities for each fellowship recipient to engage with Microsoft researchers in their domain of study and connect with each other in a collaborative community.
The following United States universities are participants in the Microsoft Research Women’s Fellowship in the 2016–2017 academic year:
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Cornell University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- University of California at Berkeley
- University of Illinois, at Urbana Champaign
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Washington
If you are pursuing, or plan to pursue, a PhD at one of these universities and are interested in applying to receive the Microsoft Research Women’s Fellowship, contact the department chair in your field of study.
- Each participating university will select a fellowship recipient who is interested in or currently pursuing a PhD at that institution, in financial need, and has high potential for engaging in research in the field of computing
- The fellowship includes US$20,000 for the 2016–2017 academic year.
- $18,000 of the fellowship will be applied toward tuition costs, and $2,000 will be allocated toward travel allowance and fees for attending a conference in the fellowship recipient’s field of study.
- The fellowship is awarded to recipients for one academic year only and is not available for extension or renewal.
- The fellowship recipient must remain an active, full-time student who is enrolled in PhD-level studies at one of the participating universities during the academic year of the award, or forfeit the fellowship.
One Microsoft Way, 112/4016
Redmond, WA 98052
For More Information :