The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program offers academics, artists, and practitioners a serene setting conducive to focused, goal-oriented work, and the unparalleled opportunity to establish new connections with fellow residents from a wide array of backgrounds, disciplines and geographies.
The Foundation’s Bellagio Residency Program has a track record for supporting the generation of important new knowledge addressing some of the most complex issues facing our world, and innovative new works of art that inspire reflection and understanding of global and social issues.
- Residencies are open to university or think-thank based academics in all disciplines, literary artists, visual artists, and practitioners from a variety of fields, particularly those working on socially impactful endeavors. The Foundation seeks to promote a broad, stimulating mix of disciplines and fields within the Bellagio Community.
- The Academic Writing residency is for university and think tank-based academics, researchers, professors, and scientists working in any discipline. Successful applicants can either demonstrate decades of significant professional contributions to their field or show evidence of being on a strong upward trajectory in their careers.
- The Bellagio Arts & Literary Arts residency is for artists working in any discipline including composers, fiction and non-fiction writers, playwrights, poets, video/filmmakers, and visual artists who share in the Foundation’s mission of promoting the well-being of humankind and whose work is inspired by or relates to global or social issues.
- Residents are housed in two main buildings and each resident is given a private room with bath and a study/studio, either adjoining the bedroom or on the grounds.
- Room and board are provided to all residents and their spouses/partners, but residents are responsible for their airfare and local transportation to and from Bellagio. However, the Foundation offers a travel assistance grant through an application process.
- Please note: Travel assistance is not a factor during the selection process. The travel assistance grant process begins once an applicant has been selected
The application consists of the following:
- Online Application Form
- Project Summary
- Project Proposal Questions
- Abbreviated CV
- Work Sample
- Additional Project Information (optional but highly recommended)
- Published Reviews (optional but highly recommended)
- Statement from Previous Bellagio Residents (if applying for a second residency)
- A Note on Translation and Non-English Projects
For More Information: