Application Deadline: 31st March 2020
Training the female sport for all leaders of tomorrow is a mentorship and mobility programme – co-funded by the European Commission – which aims to empower young African and European women and equip them with knowledge, skills and experiences to lead the Sport for All Movement. The programme will not only strengthen employability, but also enhance personal development through time spent in a foreign country. The project is led by TAFISA, African Union Sports Council Region, European Network Sport Education, Olympic Committee of Slovenia – Association of Sport Federations.
The organizers are seeking 20 mentees (10 from selected countries in Africa and 10 from selected countries in Europe) who are dedicated, committed and passionate individuals who believe they have what it takes to lead the Global Sport for All Movement.
All costs associated with this programme (flights, accommodation, meals, visas, insurance, etc.) are covered by the project budget
Eligible countries in Africa: Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Eligible countries in Europe: Erasmus+ Member and Programme countries
How it works
We will create mentoring trios (see below) which comprise one mentee from Africa, one mentee from Europe and one mentor (either from Africa or Europe). The mentors’ role is to share their vast experience in the field of Sport for All with their mentees – both in person and remotely – and empower mentees to develop their professional skills in the field of Sport for All.
Each mentoring trio will be tasked with developing their own Sport for All project throughout the lifespan of the programme.
Timeline and activities
• 2-year project from January 2020 to December 2021
• Each mentee will participate in three face to face mobility activities:
o 1st mobility: until start of October, home country of the mentor
o 2nd mobility: 28th November to 9th December 2020, Lesotho
o 3rd mobility: 4th to 11th October 2021, Slovenia
• Mentoring trios are expected to have approximately 12 online (telephone/skype) meetings (minimum of one every two months)
Female aged between 18 to 30 years old.
- Proficient in a working level of English.
- Hold (as a minimum) high-school diploma.
- Undertaking studies or employment and able to provide a letter of support from your place of
study and/or employment.
- 2 years’ experience as an employee or volunteer in Sport, or a relevant field relating to social
development (e.g. health, education, gender, violence, social inclusion, etc.).
- Have interest and are motivated to work internationally.
- Are committed to the project’s 2-year lifespan, available to attend all three mobilities and are
willing to sign a commitment agreement.
- Possess good communication, interpersonal and time and project management skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a small team.
- Proficient with Microsoft office and access to a computer and internet.
- Ability to travel internationally and hold a valid passport.
- No restrictions which would prevent successful application of a visa (e.g. no criminal record).
- Knowledge and understanding of the Sport for All Movement is an added advantage (however
this is not compulsory).
- Must not have benefitted from a similar exchange programme in the last five years.
- Must be affiliated with a current ENSE Member.
How to Apply
In order to apply as a mentee for this project, please follow the steps below:
Stage 1 – written application
- Complete the application form
- Attach an updated CV
- Collect a letter of support from your place of employment/study
Please send all of the above to and CV to [email protected]
DEADLINE: 31st March 2020
Stage 2 – Interview
Selected applications will be invited for an in-person or remote interview within the first two
weeks of April 2020.
Final decision – successful applications will be informed by the end of April
Mentees should be affiliated with current ENSE members and are expected to fully comply with the project Guidelines and are asked to submit a completed Application Form and Letter of Support when applying.