Submission Deadline: October 12th 2015
To commemorate the year of 2015 Time for Global Action for People and Planet.
Samsung Engineering in conjunction with the United Nations Environment Programme is proud to launch ‘The 8th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition,‘ inviting young people all over the world to raise awareness on the UN’s new initiative ‘2015 time for global action for people and planet’.
Through this essay competition, UNEP and Samsung would like to provide children and youth a chance to set their action plan for changing their lifestyle affecting our planet, which is the most challenging threat for humans. It also aims to collect inspiring and creative ideas from young people by requiring them to think about what young people can do for our planet, crossing ‘Online’ and ‘Offline’.
Samsung Engineering established Eco-generation in 1996 as one of the largest environmental education programs for children and youth in Korea
Tunza Eco-generation members aged between 13 and 24 (As of October 12)
- Theme: 2015 Time for Global Action for People and Planet
– What Young People can do for the People and the Planet at a Local Level
|UNEP Prize||1||Certificate & Samsung Tab S|
|Samsung Engineering Prize||1||Certificate & Samsung Tab A|
|Eco-generation Prize||3||Certificate & Samsung 1TB Portable USB|
|Honorable Mentions||20||Certificate & Eco-generation souvenirs|
- All entries must be original works, in English. Plagiarism and off topics will result in disqualification.
- Entries may not have been previously published in professional media.
- Entries must be from 600 to 800 words in length.
- Entrants must first register at Tunza.eco-generation.org in order to submit their essay online.
- All entries must be double spaced in 11pt, with numbered pages in one of the following formats. All other formats will be disqualified.
– MS Word
– Word Perfect
- The personal information in the entry must be correct. If any competition winner is not reachable due to wrong information (contact number, address and etc.), their prize will be canceled and automatically given to the next place applicant.
- Each entrant may submit only one essay.
- All entries are final. No revisions are accepted.
- The decisions of the judges are final and are entirely their own and in no part represents the opinion of Samsung Engineering.
- At the discretion of the judges, all well written essays may be published on the Website.
For More Information: