Application Deadline:Sunday, September 9th 2018 at 11:59 pm local time.
Every year, the Acumen Fellows Program in East Africa brings together 20 extraordinary individuals from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Burundi, and South Sudan, and equips them with the knowledge, support system and practical wisdom to drive positive change in society. Over the course of a year, Fellows remain in their jobs while taking part in five week-long seminars, where they receive the tools, training and space to innovate new ideas, accelerate their impact, build a strong network of social leaders from across their region and around the world.
The Acumen Fellowship program is an intensive leadership development program cultivating a pipeline of tomorrow’s social changemakers. Over the course of a year, Fellows remain in their jobs while participating in five in-person, multi-day immersive seminars and engaging in online content between seminars. Currently operating in Colombia, East Africa, India, Pakistan, and West Africa, the Fellows Program equips leaders from across the country or region with the knowledge, skills and community to become more effective, collaborative agents of change.
East Africa Program: Nairobi, Kampala, Kigali and Dar es Salaam
The Fellows are individuals who dare to do what’s right, not what’s easy, to create positive change in their country. Fellows can come from diverse cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds and work in any sector, and they must be committed to ending poverty in their community through their work. They are individuals who are making a long-term play at system-level impact and are seeking the leadership skills and moral imagination to make it happen.
The Fellows we seek are:
- Entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, policy makers, community mobilizers and social innovators
- Men and women of all ages and education levels who are able to participate in a program conducted in English
- Pakistanis who have a demonstrated history of impact, commitment and concrete connection to the region
- Leaders with strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance and moral imagination
- Committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey followed by an induction into the larger Fellows Community
- Acumen covers all program-related expenses during the fellowship year. This includes all costs associated with the seminars including lodging, food, transportation and visas.
Our Fellows Program centers around five in-person seminars design to improve individuals’ capacity to innovate and drive change while remaining in their full-time jobs.
Our unique virtual content enables Fellows to connect with peers and continue developing the skills to make lasting social impact between seminars.
We provide the space and security for Fellows to practice self-reflection, broaden their perspectives and identify areas for personal development.
Focus on Real-World Applicability
We design content that is focused on being relevant and applicable to Fellows’ everyday lives and social impact work.
- STAGE 1: APPLICATIONS. Due Sunday, September 9th 2018 at 11:59 pm local time.
All applications must be completed and submitted online. Following the initial submission, successful candidates will be invited to participate in Stage 2.
- STAGE 2: ONLINE ENGAGEMENT. Instructions for Stage 2 will be sent on Tuesday, September 25th and all assignments must be completed and submitted online by Wednesday, October 10th 2018. Successful candidates will be invited to participate in Stage 3.
- STAGE 3: SELECTION CONFERENCE. Stage 3 is a mandatory day-long in-person engagement and will be held in mid-late November in each region.
- FINAL SELECTION: Candidates selected to the 2019 cohorts will be notified by December 2018.
For More Information: