Application Deadline: September 8 2014
Acumen’s East Africa Fellows Program is providing the opportunity for emerging leaders to receive world-class training and collaborate with like-minded individuals so that they can be the change that East Africa needs.
When Fellows join the Regional Fellows Program, they embark on a leadership journey. Over the course of the year, Fellows engage in deep reflection, challenge their assumptions about the world, and strengthen their moral compass. Through these programs, we hope to create an interconnected web of global leaders who share values, collaborate with each other, and drive change.
Each year, the East Africa Fellows Program brings together 20 emerging leaders from different regions, sectors, and socio-economic backgrounds in East Africa. Join our next class and apply today.
Who Becomes a Regional Fellow
- Individuals who are working to end poverty in their community through some kind of social change project.
- Fellows can be entrepreneurs who started their own organization, or individuals who are influencing change within an existing organization
- Fellows come from of all age groups and education levels, but must be able to fully participate in a program that is conducted in English.
- Fellows must be from East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, or Ethiopia) and must show a demonstrated commitment and concrete connection to East Africa.
- Fellows must demonstrate strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance, and moral imagination.
- Fellows must be ready and willing to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey.
- During the course of a year-long program, Acumen Regional Fellows remain in their jobs and come together every 6-8 weeks for a series of 5 seminars focused on developing the skills needed to be the next generation of social change leaders.
- Acumen Fellows focus on gaining the financial expertise, operational expertise, and moral imagination necessary to solve the world’s toughest problems.
- In addition to developing the core areas of Acumen’s leadership model, Fellows meet with prominent leaders from across sectors and build relationships within their cohort and Acumen Fellows Alumni around the world
The Application Process
The online application consists of:
- Background information
- Short & long answer questions
The Selection Process
The selection process for this program is very rigorous and highly competitive. Here is a general timeline of the process:
- Applications open: July 7, 2014
- Applications close: September 8, 2014
- Telephone Interviews: October 2014
- In-Person Interviews: November 2014
- Final Selection: December 2014
For More Information: