Application Deadline: April 15th 2016
Up to 10 young scientists (and entrepreneurs) will be selected to participate in the AEEP Stakeholder Forum, offering them the opportunity to share their research and ideas with a wide group of energy experts and to broaden their knowledge on opportunities for young people working in energy related scientific or business fields in Africa and Europe.
The Second Stakeholder Forum of the Africa-EU Energy Partnership (AEEP), hosted jointly by the Italian Government, the African Union Commission (AUC) and the European Union Commission (EC).
The Forum will build on the First Stakeholder meeting held in Cape Town, South Africa in 2012. It envisages participation of African and European Ministers, AU and EU Commissioners, and more than 300 other high-level participants representing policy-makers, regional institutions, international organisations, the banking & finance industry, the private sector, academia, the civil society and the media.
- Selected applicants will receive a scholarship that includes a round-trip economy class travel ticket to Milan, as well as accommodation and subsistence for the duration of their stay, including a refund of visa costs, and airport transfers.
Criteria for Selection
- Applicants should not be older than 35 years and be based in Africa or the EU
- Applicants will be evaluated on the soundness and application of their initiative/research (bare concept ideas will not be considered)
- Initiatives/Research that also demonstrates a sustainable environmental and socio-economic dimension will be favoured
How to apply
- Write a short summary (250-300 words; in English) of the work you are doing either in a scientific field or as an entrepreneur as a response to a specific energy related topic including your motivation to participate in the 2nd AEEP Stakeholder Forum.
- If available, send us links to your publications or projects.
- Include a CV (resume) in English with references.
- Send your application package to the AEEP Secretariat young-scientists[at]aeep-forum.org
Upon selection, you will receive more information and be required to provide concrete thematic input for the forum.
Please note, that all group discussions and break-out meetings will be conducted in English. Upon successful application, selected scientists and entrepreneurs will be invited to present their research work or business plan at the AEEP Stakeholder Forum’s first science slam: Within 5 minutes, attendees should “sell” their research/business plan to a non-expert audience, highlighting the bankability/innovative approach of their project
For More Information: