Application Deadline: 27 October 2017
The AIMS NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science seeks to foster increased female participation in and contribute to a more sustainable societal response to climate change. This Fellowship Program was made possible by a grant from the International Development Research Centre, Ottawa, Canada, and financial support from the Government of Canada, provided through Global Affairs Canada (GAC), . It is part of a broader effort by AIMS NEI to build the intellectual capital needed to solve the myriad challenges to Africa’s development resulting from climate change.
Applications are invited from outstanding female scientists currently residing anywhere in the world. Successful applicants are expected to execute in a suitable African host institution a self-initiated project with the potential to contribute significantly to the understanding of climate change and its impacts, and/or to the development and implementation of innovative, empirically grounded policies and strategies for mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience.
- To be eligible, applicants must be:
- female in possession before the fellowship start date of a doctorate in a quantitative discipline, including, but not limited to, applied mathematics, climatology, physics, computational chemistry, statistical ecology, computer science, theoretical biology, and engineering!
- currently employed, on either a permanent or a temporary basis, in a non-profit work environment, including government
- actively engaged in research, policy, and/or practice relevant to climate change modelling, mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience
- the lead and/or senior author of at least one refereed publication on a topic relevant to climate change modelling, mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience.
To apply,email to ms4cr-[email protected] (using as subject “MS4CR fellowshipapplication–first and last name of applicant”) the following documents on or before 11:59 pm CAT on 27 October 2017:
- A completed application form, including a detailed budget for all non-project-related activities.
- A completed project proposal form, including a detailed budget for all project-related activities.
- A curriculum vitae.
- An electronic copy of a representative publication in climate change modelling, mitigation, adaptation and/or resilience on which the applicant is the lead and/or senior author.
- Applicants should request that three confidential letters of support be emailed to [email protected](using as subject “MS4CR fellowship application support letter–first and last name of applicant”) by the application deadline.
- Two of these letters should come from the applicant’s immediate supervisor at her home institution and the named collaborator at her proposed host institution. At least one letter should come from a referee who is qualified to assess the applicant’s experience in climate change research, practice, and/or policy. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the AIMS NEI Fellowship Program 2018