Organised as part of CHOGM, this Forum aims to achieve cross-cultural connection and learning between participants and consensus on policies to address the challenges and opportunities facing young people.
The CYF is jointly organised by the Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC), the Youth Affairs Division of the Commonwealth Secretariat and the Government of Malta. A youth led international taskforce is made up of representatives of the CYC and the Government of Malta. Young people manage and set their own agenda. The themes for discussion are the product of vast consultations carried out with national youth bodies from countries across the Commonwealth.
The CYF programme also includes the election of the CYC Executive, the holding of a General Assembly, cross cultural interchange, a cultural programme and the opportunity for participants to do voluntary community work.
- The Forum provides a platform for young people to have their say during the biennial CHOGM summit on what issues should be tackled by the Commonwealth.
• is an opportunity for young people to set and manage their own agenda, contributing to development and democracy work in the Commonwealth
• is a demonstration and celebration of the role and contribution of young people in promoting democracy and development
• aims to promote meaningful cultural exchange and cooperation among young people across the Commonwealth
The theme for the 2015 Commonwealth Youth Forum is “Adding Global Value…#WhatNext?”.
- Following closely the main CHOGM theme, this Youth Forum will aim to challenge and promote the role of the Commonwealth in adding global value, and, importantly, the role that young people will have in achieving this vision.
Subthemes for the 2015 Commonwealth Youth Forum focus on
- Education, youth employment, entrepreneurship, sustainable development, climate change, ICT, health, human rights, youth policy and youth work.
- For the first time, the outcome document from the forum will feature concrete policy
Successful applicants should:
- Be a recognised member of a national youth-led body, or represent a youth organisation or special interest group (such as indigenous young people, young people with disabilities, rural youth, young people from diaspora communities, LGBTQI etc.)
- Demonstrate an interest in global and Commonwealth issues and working with other young people towards the success of local, regional youth organisations, as well as the Commonwealth Youth Council and its continuation.
- Be committed to working in their respective countries with youth leaders, young people, youth organisations and special interest group as part of the preparatory work prior to attending and after the forum. This includes disseminating learnings and engaging with the Commonwealth Youth Council and other stakeholders to assist implement outcomes from the forum.
- Be dedicated to strengthening dialogue between young people of the Commonwealth.
- Be a citizen of a Commonwealth country.
- Successful applicants will be responsible for organising and paying for their own flights to Malta, but will be provided with accommodation, meals and on-ground travel for the duration of the Commonwealth Youth Forum.
- Successful candidates must also hold a valid passport and obtain a visa for entry to the country. Visas must be obtained before departure.
Apply Now to attend the 10th Commonwealth Youth Forum, Malta
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 10th Commonwealth Youth Forum, Malta
[…] people with experience in youth advocacy or development to attend an important youth conference. The Commonwealth Youth Forum promotes cross-cultural connections and consensus among youth leaders on the challenges and […]