Application Deadline: February 8th, 2016
The Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film together with the Robert Bosch Stiftung yearly organises the Arab Animation Forum to connect young animation directors and artists from the Arab World.with upcoming producers from Germany in order to support joint animated film projects.
The aim of the Arab Animation Forum is to identify interesting projects and to connect potential co-production partners directed towards a possible application for the Film Prize of the Robert Bosch Stiftung for International Cooperation.
- Eligible to attend the Arab Animation Forum are animation filmmakers from the Arab World looking for a producer or coproducer as well as German producers interested in producing or coproducing an animated film project.
The forum’s main purpose is to support the participating filmmakers in finding a coproduction partner and the further development of their projects. Therefore several meetings, workshops, consultings and matching sessions will be held during the forum.
The Arab Animation Forum takes place April 28th through May 1st as a part of the 23rd Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film (ITFS). With over 2,500 international professionals and about 80,000 spectators the ITFS together with the FMX and the Animation Production Day form one of the world’s largest events within the field of animated film.
The selected directors, animators, and producers will be invited for four nights to join the Arab Animation Forum in Stuttgart. Accommodation and travel expenses are covered by the ArabAnimation Forum. The winning project of the Arab Animation Forum is automatically nominated for the Film Prize of the Robert Bosch Stiftung for International Cooperation.
Film Prize of the Robert Bosch Stiftung for International Cooperation
Each year, the Robert Bosch Stiftung issues three Film Prizes for International Cooperation for joint film productions by young filmmakers from Germany and the Arab World. The prize, worth up to 60,000 Euros, is awarded in the categories animation, documentary, and short fiction film.
- Young animators and directors the Arab World are eligible for participation by submitting a film project, they are currently working on. Please note, that you cannot apply for the forum with an already completed film.
The application should be submitted by a producer, animator or director. About 9 animated short film projects from the Arab World and about 9 producers from Germany will
be selected for the forum.
• filled Application form
• CV and filmography
• Selection of two completed films ( files or DVD 4)
• Two paged outline on your project in English
• One paged Synopsis of the film in English
• Storyboard of the film or character designs or sketches
• Film budget (if possible) meet the following requirements:
•High level of written and spoken English
• Basic film education
• Minimum two completed works (e.g. video art, short film, clip)
• Complete set of documents
- February 8th, 2016: Closing date for applications
- March 1st, 2016: Notice of participation
- April 28th– May 1st, 2016: Arab Animation Forum at the Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film
For More Information: