Application Deadline: 10 February 2016
Within the framework of the Belgian policy for development cooperation, the Minister for Development Cooperation and the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation entrust the Belgian Higher Education Institutions with the preparation of Postgraduate Programmes (Advanced Masters) and Training Programmes that are specifically oriented towards young professionals from developing countries.
International Courses and Training Programmes are part of the global study programmes of the Higher Education Institutions. They are open to all students who satisfy the conditions of qualification, but aim at proposing training units that distinguish themselves by their openness towards specific development issues.
Within the programme for International Courses and Training Programmes 2016-2017, ARES grants 130 scholarships for participation into the masters and 67 scholarships for participation into the training programmes.
The following criteria will apply for the selection of holders of scholarships:
- Only applicants originating in developing countries, qualify for selection. To be eligible, candidates must reside and work in their country at the time of the introduction of the file.
- Only the nationals of the following countries are authorized to postulate with the scholarships: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Haïti, Indonesia, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Vietnam.
- At the beginning of the programme, candidates must be less than 40 years old for courses, and less than 45 years old for training programmes.
- Candidates must be holders of a degree that is comparable to a Belgian University graduate degree (« licence »). However, for certain programmes different rules of admissibility may be defined, and these are specified hereafter, where appropriate.
- Candidates must show professional experience of at least two years upon termination of their studies. Where candidates are holders of a postgraduate degree delivered by an university of an industrial country, they must show professional experience of at least three years upon termination of their studies.
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of written and spoken French; for programmes organised in another language, good knowledge, in writing and speaking, of this language, is required. Moreover, the candidate will be asked to commit himself to study French in order to be able to participate in daily life in Belgium.
- Candidates are not allowed to apply for more than one programme.
Applicants must not first obtain admission to one of the French-speaking universities of Belgium in order to apply for grants from ARES.
- List of international Courses and Training programmes
- Modalities of introduction of an application
- Rules of Selection
- To submit a valid application, please fill in this form in its entirety in electronic format, print from page three to the end and sign your name, preceded by the handwritten words »Read and Approved », in Point 14 Solemn Declaration.
- Send one copy by post or express service together with all required documents attached to the following address:
ARES – Development Cooperation Committee
Rue Royale – 5th floor 1000 Brussels BELGIUM
Applying for a ARES scholarship is absolutely free of charge. ARES does not charge any fee at any stage of the application or selection process. You may raise any question or concern about persons or companies claiming to be acting on behalf of ARES and requesting the payment of a fee by emailing us at [email protected]
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the ARES Scholarships for study in Belgium
Thank you for your information
Greetings, Can interested persons from Nigeria apply? Nigeria is a developing country but not among those listed here. Am a PhD student and am interested in the offer.
can somebody with third class apply for masters. i have postgraduate diploma
How can I get a scholarship
can i apply for master am from ethiopia
Thank you for your support!
[…] Development Cooperation entrust the Belgian Higher Education Institutions with the preparation of Postgraduate Programmes (Advanced Masters) and Training Programmes that are specifically oriented towards young professionals from developing […]
Please , help me . If I can get a scholarship.