When: October 9th – 10th 2015
Arterial Network’s annual African Creative Economy Conference (ACEC) is a means to reflect on the state and growth of the African creative economy and its contribution to development in Africa.
Attracting several hundred delegates annually, the ACEC offers a unique opportunity to explore the state of the sector within a broader geopolitical and economic context, providing a benchmark occasion for practitioners, policy-makers, donors, academics and other key stakeholders to interact and engage with the critical challenges and innovative solutions that are part of the process of growing the outputs and efficacy of the creative sector in Africa.
The ACEC rotates regions annually with its first edition being held in Nairobi in 2011 followed by Dakar (2012), Cape Town (2013) and Rabat (2014). ACEC’s fifth edition will take place in Central Africa.
- To rigorously interrogate the theories and contemporary thought about the creative and cultural industries and their real or potential contribution to human, economic and social development in varied African conditions;
- To bring together key stakeholders including policy makers, practitioners, donors, media and civil society to enable dialogue; strengthening partnerships to advance the creative sector and building South-South relations;
- To share and assess research done to date on the African creative economy in order to inform advocacy strategies and cultural policy in support of the African creative sector;
- To identify areas for further research, interrogation and action – continentally, regionally and nationally;
- To generate critical thinking and African-centred theory to be disseminated into international discourse and strengthen African representation in global meetings;
- To provide a platform for African thought-leaders; fostering African leadership and positions to ensure growth and capacity within the African creative sector.
Registration for Arterial Network’s 5th African Creative Economy Conference is now open.
Register Now to attend the Arterial Network’s 5th African Creative Economy Conference
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Arterial Network’s 5th African Creative Economy Conference