Application Deadline: May 15th 2017
What: ARTS RIGHTS JUSTICE ACADEMY & CONFERENCE 2017
When: August 24 – September 1, 2017
Where: University of Hildesheim, Northern Germany
The UNESCO Chair ‘Cultural Policy for the Arts in Development’ invites experienced professionals from all world regions to apply for the ARTS RIGHTS JUSTICE ACADEMY 2017, a one-week advanced training course with a focus on knowledge-exchange, and on understanding, protecting and defending freedom of expression and artistic freedom in relation to human rights and social justice.
The ARJ PROGRAM includes …
* An annual ARJ ACADEMY (August 24 – August 30, 2017)
* An annual ARJ CONFERENCE (August 30 – September 1, 2017)
* Regional ARJ LABORATORIES
It is important that artistic creation and the role of artists are considered in relation to human rights and freedom in society. To this end, the ARTS RIGHTS JUSTICE PROGRAM seeks to convey and professionalize skills, ensure the exchange of knowledge, make the most of multiplier effects and build expertise on the subject. Therefore, the aim is to strengthen and expand structures for the promotion and protection of artistic freedom.
The program was developed in cooperation with 30 international expert institutions and is initially intended to run from 2017 until 2019 with the support of the German Foreign Office and the International Cities of Refuge Network (ICORN). It will encompass an annual ACADEMY accompanied by an international CONFERENCE at the University of Hildesheim, Germany; a series of ARJ LABORATORIES with partners in different world regions; and an open access online library.
* Young professionals working within artists at risk residencies, arts and cultural project managers, artists, lawyers, jurists or academics
* Working experience in a field related to human rights, cultural rights, cultural policy, freedom of expression and artistic freedom, artist mobility, arts or social development
* Good level of English
* Individuals of all nationalities
* One-week advanced training course relating to freedom of expression and artistic freedom
* The ARJ CONFERENCE (Aug 30 – Sep 1) is a key element of the ARJ ACADEMY
* Travel expenses are covered in the cheapest possible way
* Accommodation and meal costs are covered
* Certificate of the UNESCO Chair at the University of Hildesheim is awarded at the end of the training
How to Apply:
- Participants will be selected on the basis of their motivation stated in the application form and according to a wide variety of expertise and perspectives within the group. Feedback to your application will be given by June 2017.
- Please apply to the ARJ ACADEMY using the application form below by May 15, 2017.
For More Information