By completing this free course, you will gain practical tips and ideas from 60 leading elementary schools, 21 social entrepreneurs, and leading experts from across the Ashoka network on how to instill empathy in children, preparing them for the world ahead.
“The ability to understand what someone is feeling” – that’s the textbook definition of empathy. But when put into practice, empathy means a whole lot more. It means the ability to grasp the many sides of today’s complex problems and the capacity to collaborate with others to solve them; it means being as good at listening to the ideas of others as articulating your own; it means being able to lead a team one day, and participate as a team member the next. In today’s rapidly changing world, empathy is critical to our success – at home, at school, and in the workplace.
- The Course was designed with busy elementary school teachers in mind.
- It is also a great learning opportunity for parents and anyone interested in learning how to help children practice empathy and develop as confident and creative changemakers.
- Insights into how pioneering Changemaker Schools instill empathy in their classrooms and an action plan based on resources that you think will be helpful for your class and school.
- Start by registering.
- All information that you share during registration, including your name and email, will be confidential. Once logged-in, go to “Unit 1: Orientation and Inspiration” under “Schedule” found directly below to get started.
- To receive your certificate for the course you will be invited to produce an Empathy Action Plan tailored for your classroom.
For More Information: