ALN Ventures is powered by the African Leadership Network.
ALN Ventures is a a pan-African startup accelerator program established to develop early stage, private ventures across Africa. ALN Ventures would help entrepreneurs looking to move beyond a fledgling enterprise. The defining characteristic of ventures that succeed in Africa is access to networks – networks that provide mentors and experts, capital and a talented team to build companies.
The program is built on an extensive network of investors, mentors, topic experts, entrepreneurs-in-residence and peer entrepreneurs. The emphasis is on a tailored program – recognizing that not every startup needs the same things, and we will bring you the mentors, financing, experts and peers that you need
ALN Ventures is designed to be an annual program for a cohort of exceptional entrepreneurs selected from across the continent. The entrepreneurs will be carefully vetted through multiple levels of selection, groomed through a rigorous program, and expressly selected for their impact and scalability.
ALN Ventures is a sector-agnostic program seeking to support highly scalable ventures in a variety of domains, the defining factor being that they have a clear growth trajectory given our perspective on macro trends shaping the continent.
- You are an African business (based in Africa, or primarily targeting the African market)–
- Your venture has a full-time founder/CEO (or you are willing to be full-time if accepted)
- Your venture hasn’t been around for more than 2 years
- You have raised less than $250k (USD) in capital so far
- Seed-stage ventures
- A focus on Africa
- Scalable businesses
- Ventures that need resources to grow on the continent
In the first 3 years, ALN Ventures plans to accelerate 50 companies and build a robust ecosystem where start-ups with pan-African ambitions can thrive.On acceptance, the entrepreneurs commence a 9 month programme.
- The ALN Ventures programme consists of a 6-week session in Johannesburg, where members of the cohort from across Africa will meet, support one another and refine their business models.
- The following seven months will be spent back in the home markets, progressing past milestones and preparing for ALN’s Annual Gathering.
- Over the course of the whole nine-month programme, ALNV will support participants in approaching members of ALN to secure seed financing.”
ALN Ventures are selecting the inaugural class of entrepreneurs to join this accelerator program in January 2015.
If you are interested in learning more about being a potential investor, mentor or partner, please reach out to [email protected].
If you are an entrepreneur and interested in applying to be part of the inaugural class,
For More Information: