Application Deadline: 31 January 2024.
In 2024, WHO will continue to celebrate the power of audiovisual storytelling for health promotion with all those interested in public health narratives!
As for each previous edition, we invite public health institutions from around the world, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), communities, activists and students in public health, film schools, and other relevant domains to submit their original short films championing a health issue. Independent filmmakers, production companies, and TV broadcasters are also invited to participate.
Short documentaries, fiction films, or animation films will have to be submitted in one of the following “Grand Prix” categories:
– Universal Health Coverage (UHC)
– Health Emergencies
– Better Health and Well-being
In addition, four special prizes will be attributed as follows:
– Physical Activity and Health Special Film Prize
– Migrants and Refugees Health Special Film Prize
– Student Film Prize
– Very Short Film Prize
- Only short films about health completed between 1 January 2021 and 31 January 2024 are eligible for the Film Festival 5th edition.
- All types of artistic approaches are welcome: animation, fiction, documentary, and video art.
- The length of each film submitted has to respect the format described in the rules.
- A submission can be in any language; if the film is not in English, English subtitles must be included in the frame.
- The period for submissions is from 1 November 2023 through 31 January 2024.
- Any production made by United Nations staff members or exclusively done with UN funding is not eligible.
- Commercial/corporate films advertising for a product, device, or private business service, won’t be selected.
For More Information: