Application Deadline: 31st August 2016 23.59 Central European Summer Time
UBS is supported by Ashoka in the design and implementation of the UBS Social Innovators program. Ashoka is the largest network of social entrepreneurs worldwide with over 3,000 Ashoka Fellows in 80 countries putting their system-changing ideas into practice on a global scale.
UBS are launching a search for Social Innovators who will benefit the most from access to the unique network and expertise of UBS, the world’s leading wealth manager.
- 10-12 shortlisted social enterprises from each region will be invited to Regional Bootcamps and Summits during October and early November.
- The Bootcamps, designed with input from Ashoka, the leading Social Entrepreneurs network, will provide an opportunity for all the regional shortlisted candidates to convene, network and collaborate.
- They will be attended by UBS employees, UBS partners and experts from Ashoka who will all act as coaches and mentors to the shortlisted candidates.
- At each Bootcamp, four Regional Finalists will be selected and invited to pitch their social enterprise for cash grants at the Regional Summits.
- There, the jury will select the UBS Social Innovator and three runners-up in each region.
- The three UBS Social Innovators (one from each region) will take part in a bespoke Accelerator program designed for each of them by UBS and Ashoka, to help them scale and maximize their project’s impact.
- This will run for the whole of 2017 and will include regular meetings with Ashoka, UBS experts and other relevant third parties from UBS and Ashoka’s networks; a structured program of virtual and in-person workshops including a full training on preparing for social investment, 1:1 mentoring and coaching with key stakeholders; and presentations to UBS employees, partners and potential investors.
- The three UBS Social Innovators will also each have the opportunity to receive feedback on their projects from some of the world’s leading philanthropists and social investors at a UBS event in December 2016
Finally, UBS will award cash grants of USD 40,000 to each of the three UBS Social Innovators.
All the Regional Finalists will receive an advanced introduction on preparing for social investment, guiding them through the key elements from developing social impact metrics through how to refine their revenue model.
Each of the three runners-up in each region will also receive a grant of USD 5,000.