The University Startup World Cup is dedicated to developing the world’s next wave of entrepreneurs. It supports and accelerates the development of innovative ideas from the brightest students across the globe and follows them from
developing ideas to creating successful companies. The University Startup World Cup teams make their ideas reality with the help of cash prizes, global booster pack programs, and worldclass mentor programs.
By October 3-7, The University Startup World Cup will start off in Copenhagen with pitch session, investor meetings, mentor meetings, a trade show, a competition and the chance to build a strong startup network across the world. The week will end off with the election of the world’s best university startup!
The startup is working on process optimization including repeatable sales and customer acquisition processes
There is a formal structure for the business operations and processes
The business model is being improved for scalability
Has tested/proven a valid and solid market or first paying customers have emerged
- Ideal for angel investors and VCs
- Life Science & MedTech
- Mobile & Web
- Sharing economy and IoT
- IndustryTech & Robotics
- Green Tech
- Student enrollment: The University Startup World Cup is a competition between student startups.
- All teams must have at least one person who is a student, faculty member or recent graduate (within the current calendar year) at the time of submission.
- Team size: Teams must have a minimum of two members. At least two members of each team must be available to travel to Copenhagen at October 03 07, 2016.
- Type of company: The University Startup World Cup is for new, independent ventures in the seed, startup or early stage of development.
- Attendance: Attendance at all University Startup World Cup activities is mandatory. To be eligible to participate in the competition, teams must register ahead of the official opening ceremony in Copenhagen on Monday, October 3.
- Each team must submit a report on their development within 12 months of the University Startup World Cup finals.
- Each team is required to fill out a survey after the close of the University Startup World Cup.
- Teams are not allowed to have received funding of more than USD 250,000 prior to the application deadline for participating in the University Startup World Cup.
- Teams must not have generated revenue of more than USD 250,000 prior to the application deadline for participating in the University Startup World Cup.
- Participants will be responsible for all expenses related to University Startup World Cup travel and accommodation.
- University Startup World Cup is not responsible for arranging or providing participants with a Danish visa.
- Prize money may be taxable, in accordance with the rules of your country.
Teams from Danish universities are selected directly through the Danish NationalChampionship for university entrepreneurs. Fulltime
- international students living in Denmark must register using their home university.
It must be your own idea: P articipants should own the intellectual rights to their idea and the business idea must not be considered “stolen”. If your university owns the patent or the research your idea is based on, you need to explain in your plan how you will handle this situation, i.e. whether the university has agreed to let you exploit its patent in this way, whether it is willing to sell you the patent rights etc.
- Applicants for the University Startup World Cup must submit a slideshow of 10 pages and fill out the required information in the competition system YouNoodle. The jury is not required to read more than the 10 slides.
- Furthermore you have the opportunity of uploading a video of max. 2 minutes.
The University Startup World Cup has the right to disqualify presentations exceeding the maximum length.
Slide presentation format Guidelines:
● 10 pages
● PDF file
● The file name should be your team name
● Maximum size: 10 MB
● Line spacing: 1.5
● Recommended typefaces: Times New Roman, H elvetica or Courier in font size 12, or Arial 11 point, or similar.
For More Information: