Application Deadline: 21 March 2024
Applications are now open for the AstraZeneca Young Health Programme Scholarship 2024 to attend the One Young World Summit in Montreal, Canada.
AstraZeneca is looking for young leaders from all corners of the world who are committed to advocacy in at least one of the following focus areas:
- Improving health equity and access – advocating to improve equitable health outcomes for all by reducing the distance between people and healthcare, particularly among marginalised and historically disadvantaged groups of young people. For example, advancing gender equity in healthcare for girls and women.
- Mitigating the impact of climate on health and healthcare – advocating for the mitigation of the harmful effects of climate change on the health and well-being of young people.
- Health system strengthening and resilience – advocating for stronger, more equitable health systems, prioritisation of youth-focused resources and collaboration across health system stakeholders.
AstraZeneca’s Young Health Programme (YHP) is a global disease prevention programme with a unique focus on young people aged 10 to 24, living in vulnerable environments and under-resourced settings around the world. The YHP aims to prevent the most common non-communicable diseases (NCDs) such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and respiratory disease.
A holistic and integrated programme, it combines community programmes, research and advocacy and supports the development of young leaders. The YHP is part of AstraZeneca’s sustainability commitment to accelerate delivery of sustainable healthcare and use our capabilities to strengthen health systems and improve equitable access.
AstraZeneca’s Young Health Programme (YHP) Impact Fellowship is designed to empower young people to build their skills, network, knowledge and inspire them to scale their impact and create even more positive change. Each year, the YHP selects young people who aim to improve equitable health outcomes for all by:
- Improve equitable access to healthcare
- Strengthen health systems
- Address climate-health issues
- Develop the next generation of health leaders and advocates
- Aged 18 – 30.*
- Proficiency in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Ability to fully-participate in-person, at the One Young World Summit (17-22 September 2024) in Montreal, Canada.
- Willingness to share insights, help co-create commitments to action, foster partnerships, and serve as ambassadors on AZ’s health equity and YHP work where appropriate.
- Access to the internet and a device (computer, phone) that will allow them to participate in live, online Fellowship sessions – this will not be provided to Fellows.
- Selected individuals are expected to fully participate in the YHP Impact Fellowship and One Young World Summit. Any misrepresentation or inability to participate fully may jeopardise their Fellowship benefits.
*Most delegates are between the ages of 18 and 30. The selection committee will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage.
Fellows will receive:
- Full delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montréal, Canada, from 18 – 21 September.
- Return air travel form your home country to Montréal (flights in economy only). Flights will be arranged by the OYW delegate services team.
- Shared hotel accommodation in Montréal checking in on 17 September and checking out on 22 September. Hotel accommodation will be arranged by the OYW delegate services team.
- Catering which includes:
- Dinner on 18 September
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner from 19-21 September
- Breakfast on 22 September
- A per diem of up to £48 per day spent travelling to Montréal and on the ‘pre’ and ‘post’ Summit days of 17, 18, and 22 September.
- Reimbursement of the Canada visitor visa application fee of approximately $110 Canadian Dollars (if applicable)
- Return transfer from airport to hotel via public transport.
- Access to AstraZeneca’s YHP Impact Fellowship. The Fellowship will provide a combination of live and self-taught learning and development opportunities throughout the year to help Fellows scale their impact. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Participation in an award-winning online mini-MBA program, complete with a University accreditation, 12 months of material access, and other opportunities.
- Invitation to join the YHP ALumni Group and network with other young health leaders from around the world after attending the OYW Summit.
For More Information: