Application Deadline: January 31st 2018
Would you like to get to know the German Parliament?
The German Bundestag invites you to spend four weeks in Berlin in September 2018. The programme is intended for talented Arab people who are interested in politics and who are keen to play an active role in promoting core democratic values in their home countries.
The German Bundestag is offering you the opportunity to get to know the German parliamentary system during an intensive programme. A one-week work placement with a Member of the German Bundestag allows you to experience the work carried out in their office and to come into contact with political decision-makers. Successful candidates will be chosen by the German Bundestag’s independent selection panel.
The IPS programme is coordinated at parliamentary level by the rapporteur group of the Commission on Internal Affairs set up by the German Bundestag’s Council of Elders.
- Citizenship of an Arab country
- Under the age of 35 at the start of the scholarship
- University degree
- Very good knowledge of German
- An interest in politics, and social/political commitment
- Participants will receive a scholarship of 500 euros. In addition, accommodation in an apartment complex will be provided free of charge, and the costs of travel to and from Berlin will be covered, as well as the costs of health, accident and personal liability insurance.
- Please visit www.bundestag.de/ips_arabisch for details of how to apply. Application forms can also be found there.
- Send your completed application documents by email as a PDF-file to the German mission in your home country; the PDF-file name should consist of your surname, followed by your given name (i.e. “surname-first name”).
For More Information: