OCP Policy Center is organizing the sixth edition of The Atlantic Dialogues, a high-level conference that has become a tradition since its launch in 2012 by its founding partners the German Marshall Fund of the United States and OCP Policy Center in Morocco. This annual conference convenes influential public- and private-sector leaders from around the Atlantic Basin for open, informal discussion on cross-regional issues. The event encourages a lively, interactive and informal exchange of views between young professionals and today’s leaders. To this end, OCP Policy Center chose for this year the following theme Africa in the Atlantic: Time for Action
Asserting an Atlantic vision and filling in the generational and perception gaps can only be reinforced when the next generation of leaders are given a seat at the table, to challenge the established perspectives and forward the conversations. To this end, the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders program fosters a unique network across generations, continents, and cultures, aimed at stimulating generational dialogue within the conference, and beyond, by building a large interconnected community of rising professionals in their respective fields.
Through discussions and debates with other fellow young leaders as well as with established policy, business and civil decision makers, the selected pace shapers will get the chance to broaden their knowledge, sharpen their skills, and network with the other members of this growing community (an alumni network of 180 rising professionals).
Two days before the conference begins, the Emerging Leaders will join a tailor-made policy immersion program, consisting of structured group conversations with decision and opinion makers on key Atlantic development and cooperation issues, a site visit to a major academic center, briefings from think tankers, and informal meetings with innovative community leaders. They then get the unique opportunity to get exposed to the high-level policy and business leaders, speak in several panels of the conference, and lead the Atlantic Dialogues final plenary session under a theme they get to develop together.
- The applicants must be between the ages of twenty-three and thirty-five (inclusive) on September 8th 2017, the day the applications for the program open.
- To be considered, the applicants must be citizens of countries located in Africa, North America, South America, Central America, the European Union or the Caribbean. Furthermore, the applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English and guarantee their availability for the full duration of this five days’ program, which will take place December 11th to 15th, 2017 in Marrakesh, Morocco.
- The program seeks to bring together 40 rising leaders, in different sectors, who have displayed leadership capabilities, but who also have a strong sense of commitment to social and economic issues facing their communities in particular and the world in general.
- The Emerging Leaders are chosen not only for their outstanding achievements, but for their character, commitment to others and to contemporary development, business and other Atlantic interregional shared issues.
- For selected applicants, the OCP Policy Center will cover local travel, meals, and hotel expenses for the duration of the conference. Limited international travel assistance for the selected applicants is also available.
- Interested applicants should submit a copy of their resumes/ CVs in .pdf format, and a personal statement of no more than 250 words detailing their motivations for applying and their prospective contributions and benefits from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. The application form can be found below.
- Applications will close on Monday, October 23rd. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Lilia Rizk, Program Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For More Information: