Application Deadline: January 2018
- University of California, Berkeley
- Three-week Certificate Program
- July 6 – July 27, 2018
- Partial scholarships available for qualified candidates
The Beahrs Environmental Leadership Program (ELP) of the College of Natural Resources at the University of California, Berkeley provides state-of-the-art training in environmental and
natural resource science, policy, and leadership to strengthen the capacities of global environmental practitioners.
Participants will benefit from a unique opportunity to interact with Berkeley faculty as well as their global peers to access new information and tools, share practical experiences, and develop collaborative leadership skills.
As of 2017, the Beahrs ELP has graduated 640 environmental leaders from over 110
countries. Notable alumni include two recipients of the Goldman Environmental Prize as well as representatives from the World Bank, the UN, and government ministries of health, rural
development, agriculture, and the environment.
- UC Berkeley certificate in Sustainable Environmental Management
- Enhanced capacity to develop solutions that balance environmental, economic, and social equity objectives.
- Strengthened skills for communicating ideas, facilitating multi-stakeholder processes, and leading social change
- Lifetime membership in the world-wide Berkeley ELP Alumni Network
- Eligibility to apply for the Buck Kingman Initiative to receive funding for collaborative projects with UC Berkeley faculty
- Beahrs ELP participants are mid-career development and environmental practitioners who are challenged to solve complex cross-sectoral environmental problems from a wide range of disciplinary, geographic, and organizational backgrounds including nonprofit and community-based organizations, applied research and education institutions, government, international agencies, and the business sector.
For More Information: