Application Deadline: November 1st 2016
The Nineteenth Annual Berkeley Undergraduate Prize for Architectural Design Excellence 2017
The BERKELEY PRIZE Competition was established in 1998, made possible by a generous gift of JUDITH LEE STRONACH to the Department of Architecture in the College of Environmental Design at the University of California, Berkeley.
2017 Essay Prize Competition
Steps to Enter
- Meet the Eligibility Requirements.
- Write a 500-word proposal for an essay on this year’s Essay Question, as posted.
- Provide one photograph each of your chosen projects.
- Submit the essay and photographs online.
- The competition is open to all current full-time registered students in an undergraduate architecture degree program or undergraduates majoring in architecture in accredited schools of architecture worldwide. Diploma in Architecture students who have not yet completed their Diploma are also eligible.
- Essays must be submitted in English.
- Finalists will be required to provide proof of current registration in the form of copies of actual school transcripts. You are still eligible to compete if you were an undergraduate student on September 15, 2016, but graduate before the awards are scheduled to be given.
2017 Travel Fellowship Competition
OPEN FOR SEMIFINALISTS IN FEBRUARY, 2017.
- September 15, 2016: Launch of 2017 Essay Competition.
- November 1, 2016: (Stage One) 500-word essay proposal due.
- Mid-December, 2016: Essay Semifinalists announced.
- February 1, 2017: (Stage Two) Essay Semifinalists’ 2,500-word essays due.
- February 8, 2017: Launch of Travel Fellowship Competition for Essay Semifinalists.
- Early-March, 2017: Essay Finalists announced.
- March 12, 2017: Travel Fellowship Entries Due.
- Mid-April, 2017: Essay winners and Travel Fellowship winners Announced.