Application Deadline: October 31st 2014
Borealis Student Innovation Award is an international competition for students from all over the world.The award recognises and rewards the three most innovative thesis research papers (one for a bachelor’s degree graduate, one for a master’s degree graduate and one for a doctorate degree graduate).
The thesis work shall focus on one of the following research areas:
- Polyolefin catalysts
- Olefin and polyolefin processes
- Polyolefin polymer properties
- Enhanced olefin analysis and polyolefin characterisation methods
- Polyolefin applications
- Sustainability in or with polyolefins or base chemicals
- Discoveries in the polyolefin world that have a practical relevance for society
- Base chemical processes (ammonia, nitric acid, fertilizer, urea, melamine, phenol)
Who can participate?
- Graduates in the area of sustainability, chemistry, polymer chemistry, polymer science, polymer analytic, technical chemistry, mechanical and industrial engineering or applications with a particular focus on polyolefins, olefins or base chemicals.
- Your thesis should not be more than two years old and must be finalised by the end of October to receive the award the following year in January.
- The Borealis Student Innovation Award consists of a certificate, a trip to Linz, Austria with an unique networking opportunity and a monetary sum of EUR 5,000 for the doctorate degree graduate awardee,
- The awardees will be asked to present their theses during the annual Borealis Innovation Day event taking place in Linz, Austria on January 22, 2015.
- EUR 2,000 for the master’s degree graduate awardee and
- EUR 1,000 for the bachelor’s degree graduate awardee.
- The winners will also have the opportunity to attend Borealis researcher days and discuss their ideas with members of the Borealis research team.
How Do I Apply:
How do I apply?
- The Borealis Student Innovation Award application must be in English and consist of the two parts listed below.
- The application period begins May 1, 2014 and the deadline is October 31, 2014.
- A maximum two-page abstract on your thesis
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) – maximum two pages
- Name and contact information of supervising professor
For more information on the Borealis Students Innovation Award contact:
Borealis Polyolefine GmbH
Attn. Andreas Meinecke
For More Information: