This funding is for music projects of ensembles from developing and transition countries as per the DAC list that cannot afford the cost of international travel owing to their economic situation. It is for professional ensembles and artists as well as for amateur and youth ensembles. As a rule, it takes the form of a travel grant.
PREREQUISITES FOR ELIGIBILITY:
- The applicant ensemble must demonstrate a high level of musicianship
- Cultural significance of the project
- Artistic exchange must be central to the project
- Coherent programme and schedule
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING:
- Music projects mainly for fundraising purposes
- Brief/weekend trips as well as travel mainly for touristic purposes
- Folklore events
- Projects aimed at spreading partisan, religious or ideological views
- Completed application form (see link to the new funding application form below)
- Detailed project description
- Recent audio recording (link)
- Brief history of the foreign ensemble
- Detailed timetable and schedule
- Invitation extended by the applicant to the foreign ensemble
- Two quotes either from two independent tour operators or from an online price comparison portal
- Numbered list of participants, indicating each participant’s role, date of birth and place of residence
Applications for funding for music projects in Germany must be submitted at least six months before the planned start of the project.
Projects already initiated, i.e. for which travel arrangements (e.g. flights) have already been booked, are not eligible for funding. So, before making any binding reservations, you are required to submit an informal request for approval of early project arrangements, by e-mail or together with your funding application. The Goethe-Institut’s approval of such a request, however, does not constitute a firm commitment to award any funding.
Applicants have no legal entitlement to funding. Any funds we provide are a voluntary contribution to projects that are closely in line with the objectives of the German Federal Government’s foreign cultural and educational policies.
Applications must be submitted by the Cultural Funding Application.
For More Information: