SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 2nd 2013
Call out for original stories from the city of Lagos for the Lagos Theatre Festival 2014
British Council Nigeria invites you to be part of creating a new world-class play by sharing your own story that is inspired by experiences in the city of Lagos. Four stories will be chosen and adapted into four plays which will be performed by both local and international theatre companies at the Lagos Theatre Festival 2014.
Receipt of stories will end on October 2nd 2013.
Winning Entries will be announced on the 14th of October 2013
- All entries must be written in prose style, typed double spaced and contain between 300 – 1000 words.
- We are not looking for an already written play. We are looking for prose narratives that capture the essence of living in Lagos.
- Judges will be looking out for stories that are: original, exciting, and true to the dramatic and constantly energetic nature of the city of Lagos. These stories could be set from experiences in a restaurant, bar/beer parlour, a class room, in a bus or in an open field, a church, an art gallery, a gate house and a car park.
- It must not have been previously published or entered for any competition
- Open to both professional and non-professional writers. Stories will be selected based on simplicity and originality.
- Entry is online
- One entry per person
- All entries should include Name, Age, Sex, and Contact details (phone number and email address).
- By entering the contest, you automatically agree to a release of the story. The story can be used/adapted in anyway shape or form by the producers of LTF 2014 and it becomes property of the LTF 2014 production.
** Acknowledgment and a small fee will be given to the writers of the winning stories selected
Send your stories to the cep.[email protected].
Source: British Council Nigeria