The ninth edition of the African Economic Conference (AEC 2014) will be held in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire from 1-3 November on the theme, « Knowledge and Innovation for Africa’s Transformation ».
This year’s conference will offer a unique avenue for researchers, policymakers and development practitioners from Africa, and elsewhere, to debate Africa’s soft infrastructure needs and their catalytic impact on speed and scope of economic transformation and inclusive growth.
It will look at the policies required in the areas of knowledge generation and innovation to achieve Africa’s transformation agenda.
- Accepted papers will comprise original work not previously published.
- Young African women and men researchers are especially encouraged to submit papers.
- The AEC series is particularly envisaged to provide young African researchers with the opportunity to share their work with as broad an audience as possible, with a view to expanding their networks.
Time Frame for Submission of Papers
Authors must submit their papers in accordance with the instructions on the AEC 2014 website :www.uneca.org/aec
Participants and experts submitting papers ofr the Conference must adhere to the key deadlines .
- Deadline for paper submission 1 September 2014
- Notification of final acceptance 10 October 2014
- Submission of revised manuscripts 17 October 2014
- Closing of flight bookings 24 October 2014
- Conference Dates 1 – 3 November 2014, Abidjan
- On submitting their papers, authors are requested to indicate whether they require support to cover expenses (travel, accommodation and daily subsistence allowance) associated with their participation at the Conference.
- Only one author per paper accepted for presentation will be eligible for support. Support is reserved for presenters and young researchers from Africa.
The winning paper will be announced at the closing ceremony.