Deadline: January 10th, 2014
The G(irls)20 is about mobilizing girls and young women for impact. Designed G20 style, the G(irls)20 brings together one delegate from each G20 country, plus a representative from the European Union and African Union.
The participants are all girls, aged 18-20. The next Summit will be held in Australia (2014). G(irls)20 Summit is a registered charity in Canada.
The G(irls)20 Summit is central to an international campaign, “3.5 Billion Ways”, which is based on the premise that there are 3.5 Billion girls and women around the globe and therefore there are 3.5 Billion Ways to Change the World. The focus of the campaign is to have G20 leaders recognize the economic prowess of girls and women globally and the need to invest in and engage them in pursuit of economic growth, political stability and social innovation.
The Summit will culminate in a delegate-led press conference and communiqué that provides a blueprint to G20 leaders on how to utilize and engage one of the best resources in the world – girls and women.
- Workshops / skills building investments in Summit delegates
- An annual global Summit that takes place in the G20 host country
- Global mentorships for G(irls)20 Summit Ambassadors (former delegates)
- Panel of advisors for former applicants (not chosen as delegates but exhibited strong leadership potential)
- Delegate led initiatives that take place in home communities
- Access to ROI (Ring of Influence)
Each Summit produces a communiqué which is presented to the G20 Leaders, Ministers of Industry, Health, Innovation, Economic Development and Foreign Affairs and Ambassadors. Each Summit also results in the development of community based initiatives led by the delegates.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to Australia;
- Accommodations while in Australia (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in Australia.
All applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18-20 years at the time of the Summit (August 2014)
- Hold citizenship of the country they are applying to represent
- Have parental or guardian permission to travel to Australia and to fully participate in the summit for the duration;
- Consent to appear in any and all media;
- Have a valid passport and any other required travel documents for the delegate to travel from her home country to Australia
Please note; that it is the sole responsibility of the delegate to obtain all required travel documents. Proof of all travel documentation no later than March 30th, 2014. The purchase of Health insurance and all necessary travel documents are the responsibility of the delegates and will not be reimbursed.
As the G(irls)20 Summit will be conducted in English, English language proficiency, both verbal and written, is required. All final delegates will have a phone interview in which their language skills will be evaluated.
For More Information: