Application Deadline: June 30th 2017
Applications are now open for Master’s Scholarship Tenable at various Universities in the People’s Republic of China. The Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission has the role of ensuring the coordination of AU programmes in Education and Human Resource Development; Science, Technology and Innovation; and Youth empowerment.
The Department provides technical support to Member states in the development and implementatipn of policies and programmes towards harmonization, intra-African collaboration and experience sharing, as well as quality assurance in these fields, as contribution to the attainment of the AU vision of integration, peace and prosperity of Africa.
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has made scholarship offers to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students study in China in the 2017/2018 Academic Year.
The Scholarships are tenable in the following
- The Scholarships are open to all qualified African Nationals who meet the admission requirements set forth below.
- The Language of Instruction shall be in English.
- Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles in Africa are particularly encouraged to apply
Candidates applying for Masters’ programmes must satisfy the following requirements:
- Undegraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
- Maximum of 32 years
- Fluency in the English language, as it is the teaching language.
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written or oral examination after pre-selection
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation and how the qualification will enable you to serve the continent
Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, work experience and publications if any;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, and personal details page of national passport ( at least six months validity)
- Clear coloured passport size photograph (3*4)
- Recommendations from two academic referees and one personal referee
- Health certificate
All applicants must apply directly through the University website and in addition, apply for scholarship through the Chinese Government Website and send copies by email for scholarship nomination to Olaleye Matthew Adewumi – AdewuyiO@african-union.org and copied to Hilda Muhu – MuhuH@Africa-union.org
For More Information: