Application Deadline: March 14th 2016
The Corona i-Teach Program, is a 21st century teacher development & recruitment program intended to attract our nation’s most promising future leaders into the teaching profession. A significant area that has and continues to pose a serious challenge to schools in our country today is the dearth of technically qualified teachers.
1. Re-establish the dignity of the teaching profession in Nigeria by attracting qualified trainable youth who will be ready to impact students’ academic achievement in a positive way.
2. Re-skilling graduate entrants into the profession, equipping them with higher order skills for an effective teaching and learning process.
3. Establish a teacher pipeline for the future and ensure maintenance of standards of the Trust Council.
4. Draw into the teaching profession dynamic individuals well prepared with workplace and professional values to impact our children and ultimately the nation.
5. To improve Nigeria’s educational standards and promote modern teaching tools and techniques
- A second class upper (2-1) from a recognised institution in and outside Nigeria.
- Open ONLY to fresh graduates who completed NYSC not more than a year ago.
- Applicants must be within 21 and 28 years of age.
- Readiness to embrace teaching as a first and preferred career option.
- No prior teaching experience required.
- Above average ICT skills.
- Strong communication skills, proficiency in a foreign language is an added advantage.