Application Deadline Extended: September 15th 2016
The World Summit Youth Award (WSYA) contest is a competition for young (below the age of 30) digital innovators who adress with their digital content and applications the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The World Summit Award (WSA) looks for digital applications that have a strong impact on society in one of the 8 WSA categories. WSA focusses on content depth, stratig value and local impact of a product.
- WSA is open to any company, organisation or individual in the content industry in any UN and UNESCO member state.
- WSYA is restricted to digital innovation initiated and executed by young people under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1986) from any of the UN and UNESCO member states.
Application and submission of projects to the WSA
- Taking part in the WSA is eligible through either of the following: (1) to be nominated by a national expert, (2) to be nominated by a National WSA Committee, established by a national expert, (3) to win at a national WSA pre-selection contest.
- Submitting a product to the evaluation and selection process does by no means entitle a producer to any benefits. There is no way of challenging this decision legally.
- Submission is free of charge.
Participation and submission of projects to the WSYA
- Projects are nominated by a Youthaward Ambassador or by a former Winner. If your project is nominated, you are automatically shortlisted and in round 2.
- The registration can be completed online via the Youthaward database. Your project will be evaluated in round 1 and only the best projects in each category will be shortlisted and in round 2.
- The registration procedure includes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions form. By accepting submitters confirm that they are the rightful owners to the necessary rights to submit the project. These rights include the copyright, right for using pictures, sound or audio components.
Which projects are suitable for WSA 2016?
- Submissions for the WSA 2016 can contain mobile applications, sms based products, mobile games and interactive mobile productions.There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- All submissions have to be launched produts. No drafts, demonstrations or unfinished projects can be accepted.
- All submitted products must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2014. For a project or product completed earlier the submitters have to document that significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
- A product can only be submitted for one category. In case of multiple submissions by the same organisation, company or team, each product requires a separate registration. Submissions which have been submitted in the WSA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For a project which has been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions.
- Any submitted product must be free of offensive or plagiarized content and may not violate human rights as laid out in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and its application by international human rights courts or panels recognized by the United Nations Organization.
Which projects are suitable for WSYA 2016?
- The projects, products, or applications must be fully functional and operational at the time of submission and must be accessible via the internet whether it is designed for fixed line, broadband or mobile use.
- Submissions must be made in one of the six categories of the WSYA: 1. Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease; 2. Education 4 all; 3. Women Empowerment; 4. Go Green, Climate Change; 5. Digital Generation; 6. Innovation for SDGs.
- The submitted product or application must be completed after January 1st, 2014. For a project or product completed earlier the submitters have to document that significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
- Products / projects or applications which have been submitted in the WSYA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For a project which has been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions.
- Winning project can not be submitted twice.
- The submitted product or application must be free of offensive or plagiarized content and may not violate human rights as laid out in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and its application by international human rights courts or panels recognized by the United Nations Organization.
The World Summit Award treats its’ winners.
Invitation to the WSA World Congress includes :
- Involvement in pitching seminars
- The opportunity to attend an award ceremony
- A project exhibition booth that allows for dialogue about your idea
- Accomodation and meals
- The posibility of travel grants.
- The opportunity to network with internationally recognized digital content developers.
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders from over 178 countries.
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community.
- Workshops that will aid you in making your project in obtaining global recognition.
- A video that highlights your project in extensive detail.
- Special placement on WSA website.
- Long-term coverage within all WSA editorial channels such as Blogs, Articles, Success Stories, Twitter and Facebook.
For More Information: