Application Deadline: June 9th 2020
As part of the “In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program” DAAD in close collaboration with the GIZ assisted program “Strengthening Advisory
Capacities for Land Governance in Africa (SLGA)” is able to offer
scholarships for postgraduate studies within the Network of Excellence for
Land Governance in Africa (NELGA)”.
The program is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) within the framework of the special initiative “One World – No Hunger”. NELGA is a partnership of leading African universities and research institutions with proven leadership in education, training and research on land governance. Currently NELGA has more than 50 partner institutions across Africa.
Its overall objective is to promote good land governance by strengthening human and institutional capacities for the implementation of sustainable and development-oriented land policy in Africa.
The target group for scholarships are graduates from Africa with a first academic degree who want to pursue a Master’s or PhD course in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another African country (In-Region scholarships). It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with IAV by offering up to 6 scholarships for Master and PhD studies at IAV for the intake 2020/2021.
- have successfully completed generally with above average results (upper
forth of class):
• at least a three-year university degree within IAV Hassan II for Msc
candidates in surveying Engineering
• an Engineering certificate or a Master degree certificate (five-year
degree program) for doctoral candidates.
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at
the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent resident of an African country
- should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate
considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public
sector. Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the program.
The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program supports studies in subject areas with strong relevance to land governance. The scholarships at IAV are available in the following fields:
- 1 scholarship for MSc in Land Surveying Engineering
- 5 (2 In-Country / 3 In-Region) scholarships for PhD at the Centre for
Doctoral Studies in Science Engineering Domain
The scholarship covers the following items:
- Annually Tuition fees,
- Annually Study and research allowance,
- One Printing allowance at the end of the program,
- Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.)
- In-Region only: Two Travel allowances (beginning/ end of scholarship)
- Insurance (In-Region only)
- of the Msc. program is generally three years, starting in September 2020,
- of the PhD program is generally three years, starting in January 2021.
Please note that the maximum duration of the scholarship is based on the
time that is left until the scholarship holder has reached the regular period
of studies in that program; i.e., if you apply for a DAAD scholarship starting
in your second year of studies of a three-year program, the maximum
duration of the scholarship will be two years.
How to Apply
The application process contains two steps.
- First step:
Applicants must apply for their studies at IAV Hassan II using the
For Msc degree in Surveying Engineering : [email protected]
For Phd Doctoral Program: [email protected]
For more information: [email protected] / [email protected]
IAV Hassan II Application Deadline is:
- February 13th, 2020 for Msc. degree Candidates
- April 20th, 2020 for PhD Candidates
- Second step:
IAV Hassan II will provide the shortlisted candidates with the link to the
DAAD-Portal. Only the pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the
DAAD portal, register themselves and submit an DAAD application.
DAAD Application Deadline is:
- February 29th, 2020 for Msc. Candidates:
- June 9th, 2020 for PhD Candidates
Documents to be submitted (in either English, French or German):
- DAAD application form duly filled in (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen
form at http://europass.cedefop. Europa.eu), including a list of
publications (if applicable).
- 1 Recommendation letter by university teachers for Msc degree
- 2 Recommendation letters by university teachers for Phd program
- Letter of admission for the host university
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of the passport
PhD candidates must submit the following additional documents:
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and time
- Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the DAAD 2020 In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program