Application Deadline: Varying
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in selected fields and to prepare them in practice-oriented courses for their professional life. Very good graduates with a first university degree and with at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) get the chance to obtain a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the development of their home country in the fields mentioned below. On completion of the academic education a six month practical phase will follow. With this programme, DAAD intends to support the improvement of employability: The programme contributes to the provision of academically qualified experts for the economic development within the special initiative´s core areas.
The scholarship programme is open to graduates from Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Rwanda, Senegal and Tunisia with
mandatory focus in the following assigned fields:
- Development of business parks and industrial zones
- Agrobusiness and Value Creation
- Automotive and Mobility
- Information and Communication Technology/ Digital Economy/ New Technologies (including Renewable Energy/ Energy Efficiency)
- Textile Industry
- The programme is open for very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) and at least two year of
relevant working experience in the relevant fields (see above) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of
their home countries. It is offered both for young graduates with professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
• Scholarship of currently monthly 861 € for selected master´s programmes at German institutions of higher education listed
below. The study programmes are usually starting in Sep/Oct 2021 and are taught in German and/or English.
• contributions to health insurance in Germany
• appropriate travel allowance
• study and research subsidy
• monthly rent subsidy where applicable,
• allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
• 2-months-German language course prior to the beginning of the respective course.
For courses taught in German: 6-months-German language course from April 2021 to September 2021. The
language course takes place at selected institutes in Germany and usually not at the universities of the selected master’s programmes. The language course is compulsory.
• scholarships for a six month practical phase after graduation possible
Main DAAD selection criteria:
• study results so far
• Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL
- German – required for courses taught in German
Note: For detailed information see the relevant master´s course description on their web pages
• at least two years of working experience in a relevant field at the time of application
• a convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected
benefit when returning to the home country
Most recent university degree should be obtained in the last six years prior to the application for the scholarship.
Applicants who have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline are not considered as eligible.
All master´s courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by the applicants in any case.
- Applications must be submitted in German or English. Please indicate in your application that you are applying for the
Programme Special Initiative on Training and Job Creation.
- You are allowed to submit your application for up to two master`s courses listed below.
- Fill in the DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships only once making clear which study course is your first
and which is your second priority.
- Write one letter of motivation for both university courses you choose, justifying your first and second priority choice.
- Send the DAAD scholarship form together with the letter of motivation and accompanied by the necessary documents listed below to the two courses of your choice. Do NOT send it to DAAD
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the DAAD 2021/2022 Master’s Scholarships in the framework of the Special Initiative on Training and Job Creation