Application Deadline: Varying by Institution
From among the large number of postgraduate courses offered by German institutions of
higher education, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports a carefully chosen selection of programmes of particular interest to junior executives from developing countries. These degree courses, which consist of one to two years of concentrated study, provide young, academically-trained professionals in leading positions from developing countries with the opportunity to engage in postgraduate education and training in their particular field or
At present, postgraduate courses are offered in the following fields:
•Economic Sciences/ Business Administration/ Political Economics
•Engineering and Related Sciences
• Regional and Urban Planning
•Agricultural and Forest Sciences
• Natural and Environmental Sciences
• Medicine and Public Health
• Social Sciences, Education and Law
• Media Studies
Postgraduate courses for young professionals from developing countries
• Internationally recognised Master’s and PhD degree
• Duration: 12-24 months for Master (depending on the particular institution) and 36 months for PhD
• Includes German Universities and “Fachhochschulen” (Universities of Applied Sciences)
• Support of selected programmes with a variety of scholarships (including German language courses)
- Funded by the BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development), but admission also open to self-financed participants or students financed through government or other sources
• Academic year 2019/2020
Prerequisites and Requirements
The Typical Scholarship Holder:
• Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and,
as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on
development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least
two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
• For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course):
DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 at the beginning of the study course; a minimum German language level
of A2 at the time of application. In addition, preparatory German language courses at B1 level
are highly recommended.
Candidates for some German-speaking or bilingual courses need a very good command of German at the time of application. For detailed information see the relevant course description on the following pages.
• Note: It is not possible to pass the required German language courses (DSH or TestDaF)
without any previous basic knowledge in the German language (at least A.2.1 Level), even with the preceding six-month intensive course in Germany. Passing the language test is a formal prerequisite for matriculation at the respective German university.
• For courses in English:
IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
Some courses may expect a different level. For detailed information see the relevant
course description on the following pages
- DAAD application forms are available on the DAAD website .
- Applications have to be sent to the respective course directly!
- Please refer to their respective websites for the application procedure (e.g. online application), for the application deadline and the documents to be submitted.
- Applications sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the respective course/university.They become property of the DAAD and will NOT be returned. The applicant has no right to claim for reimbursement.
Required Documents for a DAAD scholarship application (in the following order):
• Signed DAAD application form (www.daad.de/medien/deutschland/stipendien/formulare/
• Hand-signed CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with recent date
• Hand-signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation, two pages maximum) with recent date
• Academic Letter/s of Recommendation from your university; the letter must have a letterhead, signature and official stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
• Letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
• Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer in the home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon returning home.
• Proof of Language Skills:
• English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
• German – required for courses taught in German
• Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
• Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
• Copy of School Leaving Certificate
• Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with
their application documents.
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see
the relevant course description on the following pages and on the respective websites.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarships 2019/2020
My son is interested. He is a civil engineer graduate First-class. from Covenant University. Nigeria Best regards
I have completed a three year science course in Ghana-Mfantsipim .i need scholarship to enable me study abroad and graduate as a medical ocfficer.I am Ghanaian.
I am interested in the scholarship for Master in Germany
I am an’0′ level student but I will like to apply if permission is granted
How should I apply for German Academic Exchange program?
Fully FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Am interested in a Masters in Education Planning and Management. How do I begin?
i’m interested in master in agriculture and forest sciences
The application system is bothering. This is because both soft and hard copy are sent. Please make use of the online application only.
I did plumbing in my vocational studies high school graduate since 2016 please help me? 22 years of age.
I want to apply how can I go with it?
I want to apply for scholarship yo study in Germany how can go about it?
Hi am interested, but the website link
I am interested
How to apply please?