Application Deadline: September 28, 2023
This scholarship programme offers you the opportunity to continue your education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study in the field of music. The scholarships also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
- You can apply if you have gained a first university degree in the field of Music at the latest by the time you commence your scholarship-supported study programme; if this is not possible, you should have at least exhausted all the training options available for your instrument in your country of origin.
In this study programme, you can complete
- a Master’s degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or
- a complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification (not an undergraduate course)
at a state German college of music of your choice.
Duration of the funding
- Funding is provided for Master’s studies, preparation for the concert exam and participation in master classes.
- Start: usually from 1st October of the following year, or earlier if a German language course is taken prior to the study programme
- The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the level of training for the chosen study programme (between 10 and 24 months).
- A monthly payment of 934 euros
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family. Please also read our important information for scholarship applicants / section F, point 3
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
- Green Mobility Top Up (Support for climate-friendly travel) or partial reimbursement of carbon offset payments for air travel
- the artistic qualification and artistic maturity, measured by study achievements and work samples
- the quality of the project as measured by the study plan and the letter of motivation; the quality of the project includes the following aspects: the justification of the application, the plausibility and feasibility of the project, the state of preparation of the stay abroad, the embedding of the stay in the artistic career as well as the connection with professional perspectives
Application deadlines are updated at least once a year. In most cases, they are in the same period as the previous year. You can find the current dates here:
Selection date in February 2024
Start of the funding from October 2024
The application is submitted in two steps:
1. submission of the application documen
For More Information: