ENTRY DEADLINE: September 23, 2013
$35,000 in Prizes. Submit Your Idea Today!
Any undergrad or graduate student, male or female, in any field of study, from any country, can enter our challenge. This isn’t your traditional business plan competition – students can enter a project at any stage, whether they’ve just thought of an idea or are already running an organization. Nonprofit, for-profit or blended ideas are eligible.
The Dell Social Innovation Challenge (DSIC) connects university students to the people, tools and opportunities they need to change the world. The challenge is part competition and part community.
Accepting ideas to empower, educate and create business opportunities for women:
- $35,000 in seed funding + a paid trip for finalists to pitch their idea
- Semi-finalists get at least 4 hours of professional mentoring
- All entries automatically entered in the 2014 Dell Social Innovation Challenge (DSIC)
- Finalists are fast-tracked as semi-finalists in the 2014 DSIC
- Real opportunity to make a difference and get global recognition to improve women’s lives!
[vimeo id=”67402249″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
HOW IT WORKS
June 1 Start of Competition
Sept 23 Entry Deadline
Oct 4 Semi-Finalists Announced
Oct 4-18 Semi-Finalist Mentoring
Nov 8 Finalists Announced
Early Dec Finalist Pitch & Awards
PRIZES & AWARDS
$15,000 Grand Prize
$10,000 Second Prize
$5,000 Third Prize
Dell Social Innovation Challenge will select 10 additional “Promising Projects” and provide cash awards of $500 designed to enable field testing for the best ideas empowering women.
ALL PROJECTS ARE AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED IN THE 2014 Dell Social Innovation Challenge.
- September 23, 2013: Deadline for entrants to register online at www.DellEmpoweringWomen.org
- October 4, 2013: 50 semi-finalists will be announced
- November 8, 2013: 3 finalists will be announced
- December 2013: awards event
- The winners and the 10 promising projects will share a total of $35,000 in cash prizes
- FREE to enter the competition