Application Deadline: May 31st 2015
The main DEMO Africa event will take place on September 24th and 25th
DEMO Africa allows start-ups from all over Africa to meet VCs, investors, tech acquisition specialists, IT buyers and media from across the region and around the globe. The start-ups are given an opportunity to launch their products to a tech eco-system under the following categories:
- Media and Entertainment
- Transport and Logistics
- Finance and Banking
- Water and Sanitation
- Waste Management and Recycling
To qualify for DEMO Africa 2015, start-ups must ensure that their products have the ability to impact the marketplace of introduction.
A clear business plan and a team capable of delivering the product are also vital. The product must be ready for launch and the business must be legally registered. Preference is given to disruptive innovations that have massive potential for scale.
Which Innovations are best suited for DEMO Africa?
The ultimate qualification is the ability of the innovation to change or impact the market place into which it’s introduced or create a new market.
Products must :
– Solve a commercial problem
– Make an impact or change the marketplace into which it is introduced or create a new market
– Have a business plan and a management team capable of delivering the product to market
– Make its public debut at the DEMO Africa conference
– Must be a registered company
Products that are not eligible include:
– Products currently in public distribution, either as a launched product or as a highly publicised beta test;
– Upgrades to an existing product;
– Products entering an already saturated market category with little market differentiation;
– Products that have been widely covered by technology and business media.
The local events are intended to bring together regional technology eco-systems to learn and share from peers and industry players. Especially encouraging innovations in less favored categories where interventions are critically needed in various countries across Africa.
The DEMO Africa mini-events will be hosted in four cities across Africa.
These include Nairobi, Accra, Harare and Cairo.
- Nairobi on June 3rd where East African technology entrepreneurs will interact with key industry players and their more successful peers
- Accra (June 10),
- Cairo (June 17) and
- Harare (June 24).
- Apply now for DEMO Africa 2015 and make sure to select one of the cities on the application form if you want to attend a local event.
- Entrepreneurs who already submitted their application form can contact [email protected] with their preferred city to meet the team. Innovators from across Africa can apply in 12 categories which include: Agriculture, Health, Education, Manufacturing and Retail. Others are Media and entertainment, Communication, Transport and Logistics, Energy, Finance and Banking, Water and Sanitation, Waste Management and recycling.
For More Information: