Application Deadline: 18:00 (BST), 10 August 2020
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, DSM is proud to offer the DSM Brighter Living Scholarship – Nutrition for the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich.
DSM supports SDG 2; ending hunger, achieving food security and improved nutrition and promoting sustainable agriculture. This scholarship supports DSM’s strategy to increase the availability of high-quality affordable and aspirational nutritious foods in low and middle-income countries, and is further related to tackling development issues and achieving sustainable agri- food systems. The food security and livelihoods crisis has been amplified by COVID-19 health risk, is a major helath concern and reason for further spurring investment in Nutrition. Immune health has never been more topical as now during the COVID-19 response period. Strong evidence shows that good nutrition is fundamental for a healthy immune system.
In line with the expansion objectives of DSM to support more countries, this scholarship seeks to support two young leaders (aged 18 – 30) from Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India, Bangladesh, Rwanda and Ethiopia who are delivering nutritional solutions for their communities. Specifically, the scholarship seeks entrepreneurs who are improving the agri-food value chain in one of the following ways:
- Shaping opinions: raising awareness of the importance of a balanced and nutritional diet.
- Building brands: developing responsible and nutritious brands which are attractive and affordable for the communities who need them most (especially those with low income, at base of pyramid (BoP).
- Producing locally: sustainably producing local produce or nutritional products to serve local communities.
- Improving small holder farmers value chain: developing/implementing programs to eliminate post-harvest losses for small holder farmers and improve quality of their produce (especially elimination of aflatoxin in maize)
Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April, 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Participation in DSM’s internal on-boarding workshops pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation)
To be eligible to receive this scholarship you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30 by the date of the One Young World Summit 2021.
- A national of Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India, Bangladesh, Rwanda or Ethiopia.
- Have 3 – 5 years experience work in a business and ideally running your own business.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative.
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritize applicants with an evidenced commitment to addressing malnutrition in a local or national context. In particular, the scholarship seeks candidates who achieve this through
- Shaping opinions and advocating for good nutrition.
- Developing nutritional brands.
- Locally producing products or produce for local communities.
- Improving small holder farmers’ value chain.
- Looking for: curious and ambitious scholars thinking big on how to impact the agri-food systems in their home markets to provide nutritious foods.
For More Information: