Application Deadline: February 20th 2017
The East Africa Postharvest Technologies Competition 2017 (EAPTC-2017) aims to identify scalable post-harvest technologies in East Africa for dissemination. The EAPTC-2017 will select top 50 scalable technologies from successful entries and offer them accelerated training on scaling up and pitching.
The exhibition will be organized by the Inter Region Economic Network in conjunction with its partners-The East Africa Trade Investment Hub and Syngenta. The EAPTC-2017 seeks to identify postharvest innovations and technologies that demonstrate potential for scale up and offer practical solutions to challenges of postharvest food loss and waste across agricultural value chains in the region.
- Twenty five outstanding participants in the accelerated training will be given an opportunity to showcase and pitch to potential partners (development partners, donors, Governments, farmers/traders associations and investors)in a special session during the upcoming East Africa Postharvest Technologies Fair set for May 2017.
- The 50 participants will be trained on how to scale up and pitch to potential partners (Development partners, donors, Governments, farmers/traders associations and investors) to be held in April, 2017
- The top five participants will be entitled to a seed award totaling USD 30,000.
The EAPTC-2017 Competition will be conducted in the following phases:
- Applications close on 20th February, 2017
- A selection panel will convene to select 50 participants to take part in the EATPTC-2017 Challenge. They will be notified by March, 2017
- The East Africa Postharvest Technologies Competition 2017 will take place in April, 2017
- The application will be received via the Young Innovators in Agribusiness Competition Website
For More Information: