Application Deadline: Varying
The fourth edition of the Entrepreneurship World Cup (EWC) is now open for applications to entrepreneurs in 200 countries looking to take part in the world’s largest startup support program and pitch competition. The program offers founders a chance to pitch on a global stage for a share of US$1 million in prizes plus additional investment opportunities and in-kind support.
Hosted by the Global Entrepreneurship Network and Monsha’at, the program offers founders a chance to pitch on a global stage for a share of US$1 million in prizes plus additional investment opportunities and in-kind support.
- National finals will take place in 200 countries between June and September.
- In October, global finalists will be invited to participate in an intensive startup BootCamp.
- The top 100 startups will advance to the quarterfinals and compete for a chance to pitch at the Global Finals in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in November.
- There is no entry fee
- Any startup from around the world is welcome to apply and become an Applicant.
- Applicant(s) must be legally registered or planning to register in their country of residence.
- Applicant(s) must be less than seven (7) years old at the date of the Global Finals.
- EWC Global Winners from previous editions are not eligible to participate again in EWC 2022.
- Employees of the organizers, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional agencies, suppliers and immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- USD $1 million in cash and/or investment total for the global winners plus a combined USD $75 million worth of in-kind support for the top 100 global finalists, not to mention investment opportunities and awesome resources and perks from our leading partners.
- In addition to these global prizes, many national competitions in the EWC Qualifier stage offer their own prizes.
- All applicants will receive access to EWC Accelerates, a virtual training program that helps entrepreneurs hone their skills and increase their chances of winning their national competitions and advancing to the Global Finals.
- The EWC online platform also offers all contestants that start an application access to $1,000 worth of perks.
- All founders that complete an application will receive access to more than $25,000 in perks.
- The top EWC100 will receive $100,000 in in-kind services from partners such as AWS, Freshworks, Google Cloud, Hubspot, Stripe, Zoom and more.
- All global finalists will receive an additional package of perks and in-kind support services and gain automatic entry into the GEN Starters Club, an invitation-only community of talented founders.
Phases of Participation
- Phase 1: Registration
Applicants are on-boarded automatically by the competition website and segmented into appropriate categories based on their stage: Idea, Early, Growth.
- Phase 2: EWC Accelerates
Applicants are invited to participate in EWC Accelerates and learn from a series of virtual training opportunities to sharpen their skills regardless of their stage (e.g. pitch training).
- Phase 3: EWC Qualifiers
Applicants compete against others from their country in EWC Qualifiers (competitions) around the world. For countries without a national organizer, applicants will compete in a Global Pool. Up to 250-300 contestants advance past the EWC Qualifiers to the EWC Group Stage in Phase 4.
- Phase 4: Bootcamp + EWC Group Stage
All EWC Group Stage contestants are invited to participate in a structured virtual bootcamp comprising two or three cohorts organized by Idea Stage, Early Stage and Growth Stage. Teams participate in a cohort-level workshop and direct one-to-one mentorship sessions designed to explore unique challenges, uncover applicable solutions and refine their pitch and presentation.
- Phase 5: Assessment + Global Finalist Selection
EWC Group Stage contestants are evaluated based on the results of due diligence and other factors tied to the Bootcamp. The top 100 are selected as the “EWC 100” Global Finalists.
- Phase 6: Global Finals
The EWC 100 are invited to participate in an intensive preparation bootcamp before competing for prizes including a share of USD $1 million and millions of dollars-worth of in-kind services and support.
- Phase 7: Post-EWC Support
EWC 100 are enrolled in the GEN Starters Club, providing a global peer network, mentorship and other support services to help members, especially after the EWC, reach their full potential. Other partners may be engaged to provide post-EWC support.
For More Information: