Application Deadline: January 15th 2014
The Erasmus Mundus programme Al Fihri is a partnership established between 11 North African’s Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in five targeted countries (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) and 9 European HEIs from 8 different countries (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal and Spain) within the framework of theErasmus Mundus Action 2 Strand 1 Lot 1
The Erasmus Mundus Al Fihri programme is funded by the European Neighborhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI) and the objectives are:
- To contribute to the mutual enrichment of societies by developing the qualifications of men and women so that they possess appropriate skills, particularly as regards the labour market, and are open-minded and internationally experienced;
- To promote mobility both for students, researchers, academics and administrative staff from North Africa, especially from vulnerable groups, selected on the basis of academic excellence, to obtain qualifications and/or experience in the European Union;
- To contribute towards the development of human resources and the international co-operation capacity of higher education institutions in third-countries through increased mobility streams between the EU and third-countries in accordance with the principles of equal opportunities and non-discrimination.
The Erasmus Mundus is a cooperation and mobility program in the field of higher education that aims to enhance the quality of higher education and to promote dialogue and understanding between people and cultures through cooperation between Europe and Third-Countries.
The Type of Mobility are:
- Post Doctorates
- Academic and Administrative Staff
Coverage of the Mobility Grant
- Monthly subsistence allowance which depends on the type of monthly:
Undergraduate – 1,000 Euros
Master – 1,000 Euros
Doctorate – 1,500 Euros
Post-Doctorate – 1,800 Euros
Staff – 2,500 Euros
- Travel, Accident and Health Insurance
- One Round Trip
In order to be an eligible candidate it is required to:
For North African students and staff:
1. Must be a NATIONAL of one of the third-countries: Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt or Libya.
2. Belong to the
Target Group 1
Are nationals of North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) who are registered or work in one of the third-country HEIs member of the partnership at the time of submitting their application to the partnership.
Target Group 2
Are nationals of North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) who:
- Are registered/work in a higher education institution of these countries that are not included in the partnership (students and staff);
- Have obtained a university degree or equivalent by an institution of these countries (students only). This includes the possibility of providing mobility opportunities to third-country nationals working in public administration, public and private enterprises and non-profit organizations.
Target Group 3
Nationals North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) concerned by the geographical lot who are in particularly vulnerable situations, for social and political reasons.
3. Must have NOT RESIDED NOR HAVE CARRIED OUT THEIR MAIN ACTIVITY (studies, work, etc) FOR MORE THAN A TOTAL OF 12 MONTHS OVER THE LAST FIVE YEARS in any of the eligible European countries at the time of submitting their application to the partnership. (This rule does not apply to Target group 3 candidates).
4. Proof of language level required by the host university.
- University of Deusto, Spain (Coordinating University)
- Humboldt Universitesit ze Berlin, Germany
- Universita degli studi di Padova, Italy
- Universidade Do Porto, Portugal
- University of Groningen, Netherlands
- Universite de Lille, France
- Universite du Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Universite de Mons, Belgium
- Universite de Stasbourg, France
For More Information