Application Deadline: October 20th 2017
The European Commission is covering the travel and accommodation cost of 50 EU and 50 African based digital entrepreneurs (Max. 2 persons per startup) to showcase their services and technology during the 6th EU-Africa Business Forum, the 27th of November in Abidjan. They will have the opportunity to showcase their services and technology to investors and decision makers during a Startup Fair and attend a number of side events dedicated to entrepreneurship, digital economy, energy and agriculture.
- Arrival in Abidjan on 25 November, accommodation for 25th, 26th and 27th November. Return on 28th November. For the EU startups, the return flight will be covered from Brussels.
- The European Commission is covering the travel and accommodation cost of 50 EU and 50 African based digital entrepreneurs (Max. 2 persons per startup) to showcase their services and technology during the 6th EU-Africa Business Forum, the 27th of November in Abidjan.
All start-ups using digital technologies are invited to apply, though we would especially like to see start-ups from the following areas:Finance, Health, Education, Agriculture and Fisheries, Energy, E-Commerce, Government, Climate, and Connectivity.
Is the start-up clearly solving an important or very big problem ? Is it a “me too” copy of an existing start-up ?
III. SCALE AND IMPACT:
– Are you ready to scale up in EU or Africa ?
– Is there a large, growing market to play in ?
– Do you already have a well-tested/functioning solution ?
– Is the solution a potential “category winner” ?
– What traction has been achieved to date ?
– Do you already have investors ?
– Had you received a prize?
IV. GEOGRAPHICAL BALANCE
The selection committee will ensure that selected start-ups will come from throughout the various countries of Africa and EU The choice is given to start-ups to submit in their preference language (FR/EN).
Your submission will be evaluated by a selection committee formed formed among others by representatives of European Commission, African Union, Startup Europe Africa Network, Orange and Wayra. The winners will be announced on 27 November.
For More Information: